• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Clemson pounded FSU 15-5 giving them their first loss. Playing a DH today.

The 2 best in ACC right now.

Clemson pounded FSU 15-5 giving them their first loss. Playing a DH today.

The 2 best in ACC right now.

I think your second point is probably true. Good thing the CWS isn’t now.

Keep getting better. Keep getting healthy. Good things will happen. Really shoulda won today. Needed more runs.

On the bright side, our tougher divisional games come later in the year. Should have our #FullSquad for those. Also have the tougher ones at home.

I do not care about bad luck on balls in play, you simply cannot have Hawke and Nelson in the lineup at the same time. I know Nelson beat out an infield single but those two are hitting under 200 collectively. I know we dont get to watch fall ball but am still surprised Jeter Polledo has not got an at bat when he hit a few homers in preseason scrimmages.

I do not care about bad luck on balls in play, you simply cannot have Hawke and Nelson in the lineup at the same time. I know Nelson beat out an infield single but those two are hitting under 200 collectively. I know we dont get to watch fall ball but am still surprised Jeter Polledo has not got an at bat when he hit a few homers in preseason scrimmages.

Nelson gets on base half of his at bats.

He only pitched 1 or 2 didn't he?
Essex said in his article Massey wasn’t feeling good and came out after two innings. They were hoping for 50 pitches but wasn’t getting the velocity.

Last edited:
If we rely on the other pitcher to walk our batters instead of having guys that can actually hit, it will be a long season.

Is it your belief that we have the only pitchers that struggle to throw strikes?

Back