• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

real bummer. I know it’s baseball but it really sucks when we lose a burns start and there are two games to go.

Honestly - the decision to PH Katz there may be the dumbest decision I've ever seen a manager make. Bases loaded - down one - UNC has just made two errors, so they have to be a little a nervous on any contact. You've got probably the fastest guy on the team and a pretty good contact hitter coming up. Just getting the ball in play gives a good chance to tie at a minimum. Instead, you send the worst contact hitter on the entire team? A guy that probably strikes out 9 out of 10 times - and hasn't had an at bat in probably a month? I mean there was a 99.9% chance he was going to strike out there. I can see it if you were down by like 8 runs. But good grief - you just needed one cheap run!

Just laughable approaches. So many pop ups and strike outs when UNC made 4 errors on routine ground balls. But sure yes lets pinch hit someone who only strikeouts (and I guess could get lucky and hit a homer) instead of a fast contact hitter.

Credit to Walter for getting these guys to Wake. Maybe he’s an elite recruiter. He seems very dumb to me though.

And no it’s not harsh on Kurtz. Dude spent the offseason getting hyped as a potential number 1 pick and he’s batting like .220 with a metal bat Jesus Christ.

Going to follow in the footsteps of unc basketball from last season? Preseason number 1 and failed to make the tournament.

Mind numbing decision by Walter to PH Katz. As if the team wasn’t challenged enough already.

Back