• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Kurtz performance this year is pathetic. His draft prospects vs actual performance are ridiculous. He’s a below average ACC player at this point offensively (at least defensively he’s still incredible).

I hope he can figure it out. Seems like a great kid.

The only reason that could possibly make sense if Katz was:

a) Fast
b) Can bunt

And run a suicide squeeze with the hopes that UNC panics and makes another error. Unfortunately neither of the above is true or happened.

Also would think he would've had an at-bat since March 5.
I mean - did he think we needed a HR in that situation? And not just a single run ... against a team that had just made 2 errors? Outside of a .500 hitter, what type of hitter would you want there? Someone that makes contact and puts pressure on the defense with speed. Instead, he sends up the exact opposite. A slow power "hitter" that has struck out in almost every at bat this season, and hasn't been at the plate in like a month. I just can't believe how bad a decision that was.

Last edited:
Kurtz hasn't just been disappointing, he has literally done nothing on offense the entire season other than walk.

The baseball game was cruel. Nothing is worse than hearing those obnoxious fans in your own stadium.

Last years team was so good they made the CWS with Walter coaching them.
Sadly - that may be true. Starting pitching that really shrunk the bullpen needs. Combined with hitting/run scoring that rarely required late inning strategy.

No, you don’t put on a squeeze with 2 outs, down 1. Even Walter knows better than that.
Maybe I’m just a small ball guy but if I have a guy I know can put down a bunt and is fast I’d take my chances against the team that’s already had two errors that inning

Game story from tonight here. Hope y'all can enjoy it as much as one can after a game like that.

The primer: Chase Burns struck out 14, but allowed four home runs. Wake Forest hit 2-17 with RISP and left 11 on base. The situations were lost.And, when North Carolina tried to hand the game over, the Deacons volleyed it right back.

Also, as noted above, almost every Walter quote included in this one. Many illuminating ones.

Imagine so. Postgame is almost always in the team video room. It was just Walter tonight. No players were made available to the media.
Thanks. Good read but I didn’t hear anything consequential from Walter quotes, just his usual. Appreciate the coverage

Back