• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

YO NERDS!
What do the stats actually re pinch hitting? It just seems like bringing in a hitter that’s generally worse than the top 9 is I come in cold isn’t a recipe for success. Is it purely a #vibes call in a sport so analytical?

Would love for Hartle to be able to give us 6 tomorrow and hopefully can get 5 out of Massey. FSU's pitching injuries compounded with playing 18 innings in a day is not ideal; if we only need to rely on the bullpen to get 7 IP (which hopefully would be about 2 IP each for Leffew and Morningstar, then between Wade and Falco not pitching tonight could put us in a strong spot).

Would love for Hartle to be able to give us 6 tomorrow and hopefully can get 5 out of Massey. FSU's pitching injuries compounded with playing 18 innings in a day is not ideal; if we only need to rely on the bullpen to get 7 IP (which hopefully would be about 2 IP each for Leffew and Morningstar, then between Wade and Falco not pitching tonight could put us in a strong spot).
I assume Wade and Gunther would be available tomorrow too.

Williams DNP - coach’s decision

Available tomorrow. Wonder if that was pure strategy or he’s in the dog house.
I feel pretty confident it was strategy. Salvino hits lefties well. Apparently so does Nelson. Also, have to guess with Burns and FSU ace on the mound it was going to be a tight game in which Nelsons arm in the outfield could have played a role.

I have 2 bleacher seats to give away for the late game tonight (they were for Sunday). I will be at the Canes playoff game. Message me if you want them

I feel pretty confident it was strategy. Salvino hits lefties well. Apparently so does Nelson. Also, have to guess with Burns and FSU ace on the mound it was going to be a tight game in which Nelsons arm in the outfield could have played a role.
It's not just Nelson's arm either. He gets great reads off the bat too. He took away a likely double in the later innings last night because of his initial read/speed.

It's not just Nelson's arm either. He gets great reads off the bat too. He took away a likely double in the later innings last night because of his initial read/speed.
He also gets on base.
It’s obviously hard to argue against the sub for Salvino based on the results. Just very surprised to see Hawke and (less so) Morales PH over Williams for Gill. Guess it’s all about R/L matchups.

I have 2 reserved seats for game 2 of the DH available for a Deacon fan. PM me if interested and I can transfer them.

Exactly! Can we fire the acc network into the sun!?! What a damn joke it is. Some big games tonight, yet they’re showing a damn loserville spring game that was probably played last weekend. Fuck them.
It’s actually ridiculous how our conferences network rarely shows anything people want to watch. During the Sunday baseball games there’s always some random bs on. Why not show off some of the best baseball teams in the country rather than some documentary or lacrosse (no offense, I love lacrosse). And I too have been aboard the ACC conspiracy theory for a while now. Trying to make it seem like conference is being torn down for athletic considerations rather than purely financial.

I said this last year too. It’s not our conferences network. It’s espn’s. They’re killing college sports and want to kill the acc. It’s not a conspiracy theory. Just a conspiracy.

ACC > sec

ACC > big20

ACC > bigxii

ACC > ....

Screw espn. Phillips needs to do his damn job!

Back