• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Updated record vs top 100 teams:

#5 Florida State: 2-1
#7 North Carolina: 0-3
#14 Coastal Carolina: 1-1
#15 Virginia: 1-2
#25 Duke: 1-2
#34 Virginia Tech: 3-0
#50 Boston College: 2-1
#58 UNC Wilmington: 0-1
#69 Illinois: 1-0
#70 Georgetown: 1-0
#78 Louisville: 2-1
#79 UNC Greensboro: 1-1

That's 15-13 vs the top #100. 11-0 vs everyone else. 5-9 vs the Top 25.

Future Opponents:
#42 Notre Dame (3)
#89 Appalachian State (1)
#28 NC State (3)
#4 Clemson (3)

Why is the older fellow behind home plate being hassled by security? He always cheers loudly the whole game but I've never seen him get out of hand
The FSU fan behind him complained to security that he was standing up. Total BS.

After security and the cops talked to him for half an inning a bunch of kids gassed him up in between innings and the crowd cheered.

The FSU fan behind him complained to security that he was standing up. Total BS.

After security and the cops talked to him for half an inning a bunch of kids gassed him up in between innings and the crowd cheered.
That fsu idiot sounds like wake fans behind me at wake football games at Groves. God forbid I stand and yell my ass off on 3rd downs you old bastards!

I think about 100 people, myself included, were ready to go kick that FSU fans ass. He clearly sat right behind that guy just to start shit. Over a thousand empty seats and you pick the one right behind the only guy who stands every now and again to chant? Fuck off.

I loved the standing O our guy got.

Agree 100%. Any idea who our guy is? Never seen him until this year at the games.

I think about 100 people, myself included, were ready to go kick that FSU fans ass. He clearly sat right behind that guy just to start shit. Over a thousand empty seats and you pick the one right behind the only guy who stands every now and again to chant? Fuck off.

I loved the standing O our guy got.
Our guy should not need to pay a dime for any food or beer at any remaining game this year. He's a True Deacon.

Agree 100%. Any idea who our guy is? Never seen him until this year at the games.
No idea, I'm newer to going to a billion wake games now. Certainly popular for good reason though. Seemed like quite a few people from all over came to check in on him and get the scoop.

It was like 2 games, watching the boys on the field and keeping an eye on those two lol

Only pussies call security to come to their defense. If you have an issue… take care of it like a man! Don’t be a little bitch.

That was such bullshit. Every time he yells "WAKE" he turns around to look and see if the pitcher is ready. And sits back down if he is. Those kids were great for the rest of the game!

My eyeballs let me down and couldn’t hang last night in the top of the 5th (it’s been a long couple of days around our house) but imagine the grin on my face this morning when I woke up and checked in on the final score!!! What a WIN, what a GRIND for all 3 games! It was great catching up on the thread over my cup of coffee this morning and let’s keep it rolling!!!

Roland with the dub and Gill with the shot 🎩⚾️

Oh and also what an absolute miserable a$$ that FSU fan must be at life…as a visiting fan you do not get to bitch and have it your way on the road. Hope he is enjoying his long, sad trip home today and how awesome of all our fans who picked up the slack and gassed everything back up!!!

Back