• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

I am also hearing that the FSU 🐈 did not have a ticket for the seat behind our big Deacon fan. Security should have started by making sure he was in his assigned seat. They may have…I really don’t know but makes it even worse if they did not question if the FSU guy even belonged there
Yep. He wasn't there when it was packed for the Saturday game. Everyone around me was yelling that.

Deescalation was simple. Tell the old man "love the passion, just be mindful of people around you". Tell the FSU dickhead, sorry these aren't even your seats. Can you please just pick anywhere else in the stadium to sit, or learn to deal with standing between some ABs

Instead we talk to the old guy for like 5 minutes and rile the entire stadium up.

In hindsight it was great for the environment. Even with it being super empty, those were some of the loudest WAKE, FOREST chants I've heard all year.

Shocked that WCD took the Nole dbag side here. It’s so unlike him to be a miserable devil’s advocate that just exists here to try to bother people.
Read my original post. I’m not taking the FSU fans side at all. I’m responding to the poster indicating security ahouldnt have done anything BECAUSE it was an FSU fan. Being a Wake or FSU fan should have nothing to do with it. Clearly the guy complaining was an idiot

Up to #10 in RPI. The fact that Indiana State is #9 with their weak ass Midwest schedule shows the problems with RPI. Fortunately, RPI has tended to treat us pretty well over the years.

we actually started the weekend at #10.

looks like FSU dropped from #3 to #5, must have had some bad luck with SOS elsewhere for us to not go up at all after a series win (albeit at home) against #3

Read my original post. I’m not taking the FSU fans side at all. I’m responding to the poster indicating security ahouldnt have done anything BECAUSE it was an FSU fan. Being a Wake or FSU fan should have nothing to do with it. Clearly the guy complaining was an idiot
The level of security called in to talk to him (Event staff plus an armed cop) was 100% overkill for the situation. He wasn’t drunk, he wasn’t a threat, he was a small old man doing his best to get the crowd involved during downtime. Not the best judgement, particularly when the FSU fan was the real problematic asshole

Feels like we can probably host a regional at this point unless we completely fall apart down stretch. A decent showing in ACC tourney would confirm that. That was goal all along. I like our chances right now to get to a Super Regional
Let’s try to sneak into the field first.

The level of security called in to talk to him (Event staff plus an armed cop) was 100% overkill for the situation. He wasn’t drunk, he wasn’t a threat, he was a small old man doing his best to get the crowd involved during downtime. Not the best judgement, particularly when the FSU fan was the real problematic asshole
People on social media were saying he was a father of a Florida State player. What a dingus.

That guy was a total ass during game 2 as well but was sitting in section 10 - good for those kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The FSU fan was sitting in a Deacon premium season ticket seat.

If someone had told me Wake was tied in the B9th and had 0 hits, what are the odds I'd have said we won? 0. That may be the only time I will ever witness such in my life.

Feels like we can probably host a regional at this point unless we completely fall apart down stretch. A decent showing in ACC tourney would confirm that. That was goal all along. I like our chances right now to get to a Super Regional
I’m not sure how we will confirm it in the ACCT. That genius, deacdixie, was saying a few weeks ago that we may not even make the ACCT.

I believe this to be true because dingus's wife was taking videos with her phone during (I believe) Dinges's at bats. What a fitting name
Well this explains windy taking his side against the wake fan then. Baseball parents have to stick together.

I was not at the games this weekend but I have seen this guy….what a great Deacon fan! We could use a thousand more like him.

Let me get this straight… our own “security” approached him at the request of an opposing fan? This should not happen…this particular fan does nothing wrong, he simply brings fun and enthusiasm to the game. “Security” should have told the FSU fan to find another seat or go back to Tallahassee and left our guy alone.

At a minimum, he should get a call from Currie to apologize and Currie should make sure something like this never happens again. Fuck FSU…we owe them nothing.
Wellman, Currie. We come down hard on our own fans.

But let 15K Hokie fans walk in with fake tickets.

Back