• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

The same mother who told me that Hartle's dad thought the lab has messed him up also said if I'd come to batting practice, I'd wonder why several bench warmers are not getting a shot at the plate. Evidently, there are several guys crushing it who have never played.

I remember Walter saying he had to put Hartle back in the lab to tweak some things. Result? Hartle is pitching worse than at the beginning of the season.
How’s Mrs. Katz doing otherwise?

Granted I have not seen with my eyes a lot of the other teams who are ranked but let’s be honest, does this feel like an Omaha team? I’m not giving up on this team but they are running out of games. Even if they do host, I’m not sure playing at the Couch is even an advantage for us against good hitting teams. I just have to stop saying “Last year” because that team will never be duplicated.

This thread kills me sometimes. Today sucked, but we can still take the series tomorrow. That’s baseball

Last years team lost games too and you all act like we were undefeated. We have a much tougher schedule this year with a ton of player turnover after last year. And we played first couple of series without most of our best pen arms. This team is good.

My concern is not one bad game or a weak start from a pitcher…shit happens. My concern is this team has appeared unfocused and really lacking the competitiveness needed to be an elite team right from the start of the season ( obviously this does not apply to a couple of players). They have shown us glimpses of how good they can be but have proven unable to sustain it. The mid week games have been a disaster for the most part and giving away winnable games on the weekend are indicative of a team lacking focus and a killer instinct. Weird things can happen in baseball but the consistency that it happens to this team indicates a much bigger issue.

Comparing this team to last year is unfair but expecting them to play to their potential is not.

Time is running out and recent results indicate this team is trending the wrong way. I believe our goals of hosting in the postseason and reaching the CWS are still attainable but we can’t afford too many more “bad” days. Got to start today. Will this team be remembered as a failure vs expectations or will they play to their potential and make a run? They have the ability…time to prove it.

Go Deacs!

What made you think they were unfocused? If it was a focus issue, that’s encouraging because you flip that switch and you’re dominate. I think it’s just inconsistency.

Anyone else struggling to get a feed up? ESPN saying event at 1

Walter said they’d be ready for today. Waiting for someone to step up and take fucking charge.

Granted I have not seen with my eyes a lot of the other teams who are ranked but let’s be honest, does this feel like an Omaha team? I’m not giving up on this team but they are running out of games. Even if they do host, I’m not sure playing at the Couch is even an advantage for us against good hitting teams. I just have to stop saying “Last year” because that team will never be duplicated.
No. It doesn't feel like an Omaha team. It feels like a team that will barely make it out of the Regionals and then lose in the Supers. And to me, that's even a stretch. Not the end of the world but coming off last year's ride to the CWS and coming in at number 1, there was certainly a lot of hype for this years team as well. Really don't want that energy to die off with a crappy finish to this year.

Not sure what's wrong with Hartle. I think it's a combination of things. I know all sports have their challenges but baseball can be so brutal.

Back