• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2028 Olympics in Los Angeles

Just designate Beijing, London, Tokyo, Paris, LA as "Olympic cities" and put those 5 on a rotation so they each host every 20 years. They will have hosted 5 of the 6 summer games 2008-2028 (all except Rio), they all have facilities and infrastructure already built (and to the extent their facilities need an update from games 20 years ago, they all have needs for facilities post-games so won't just be built and wasted), and they all have interest in hosting (or did at least once between 2008-2028).

But then how would IOC members milk prospective host cities for cash, cars, college scholarships, etc?

Back on topic, 1984 was completely amazing in LA. You couldn't go anywhere without ruinning into some sports people.

Scott Palantonio (Sal's father) and I went to McWatterson's on Sunset one evening. Scott was an exec with ABC at the time and wanted to introdcue me to some of the talent.

So we walk in and Jim McKay and Al Micheals are in the corner booth. Al was still pretty young, but Jimmy was old enough to get fucked up and not care who knew it.

I bought the table a round of drinks and the waitress brings them over. The whole time McKay is trying to get Al k to score with her. Al didn't want to do it though - he's married and not a hound like Jimmy.

So after a few rounds the waitress comes back over and asks if we need anything. Jimmy tells her that Al wants to take her back to the hotel with him, and she answered "there's a better chance of you growing a second dick." Without even thinking, I broke into a perfect Al Michaels impression and said loudly, "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES???" The whole place went nuts.

Yes, back on topic.

ETA: 1st time rkarl has gotten me. Fantastic!!

This 2028 projection looks nice:

MMap.jpg

He had little to nothing to do with it. At least in CA, we don't worry about who is in our bathrooms.

I knew you wouldn't....you let all the pervs in! Here in North Carolina we try to keep them out.

I knew you wouldn't....you let all the pervs in! Here in North Carolina we try to keep them out.

Yep, you keep them in your churches where they belong.

Only fools think transgender people would cause problems in bathrooms. The last thing they want to do is to bring attention to themselves.

In Reff's world it's better to have a transgender woman to have to have use the men's room while dressed as a woman. Yep, that would work.

Yep, you keep them in your churches where they belong.

Only fools think transgender people would cause problems in bathrooms. The last thing they want to do is to bring attention to themselves.

In Reff's world it's better to have a transgender woman to have to have use the men's room while dressed as a woman. Yep, that would work.

wrong board for this argument you dickweeds

Yes, back on topic.

ETA: 1st time rkarl has gotten me. Fantastic!!

Shit. I have him on ignore and it still got me. That was hilarious.

I would think Moscow would want to be part of that.

With the addition, each site would host approximately once per quarter century.

Is this the official 2028 Summer Olympics thread?

Yep, there's a 9 yo long jumper in Metarie, LA who has already jumped 23'.

I heard he had already committed to Nick Saban. Though I guess if Belichick allows somebody to compete in the Olympics, Saban probably will too.

Back