• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2pm on the C-Dub vs. Syracuse

Going for 2 wasn’t a bad decision. The result was bad…the process was not
Why in the HELL was going for 2 a good decision?

To me, the only reason to go for 2 was to give you the opportunity to kick a field goal to WIN. The problem, which kicked Wake in the rear end, was that we did not make the 2 point attempt. Then, when we failed, as usual, to make a first down or score in the red zone on the final drive we had to go for it on fourth down and failed. If we had kicked the extra point earlier we at least would have had the opportunity to kick the field goal to tie and extend the game.

I am and will continue to be a Clawson supporter but this call made no sense at all.

Why in the HELL was going for 2 a good decision?

To me, the only reason to go for 2 was to give you the opportunity to kick a field goal to WIN. The problem, which kicked Wake in the rear end, was that we did not make the 2 point attempt. Then, when we failed, as usual, to make a first down or score in the red zone on the final drive we had to go for it on fourth down and failed. If we had kicked the extra point earlier we at least would have had the opportunity to kick the field goal to tie and extend the game.

I am and will continue to be a Clawson supporter but this call made no sense at all.

It was a bad decision.

Clawson was hell bent on going for 2 because he didn't want to go to OT "since their kicker was better than ours."

Going for two wasn’t necessarily a bad decision. It was just a very depressing decision since it showed Clawson had no confidence in the defense or the kicking game should we get to OT, as he indicated in the post game. Clawson knows better than anyone that this was a really bad football team this year In all aspects.

It was a bad decision.

Clawson was hell bent on going for 2 because he didn't want to go to OT "since their kicker was better than ours."

I watched his presser. It almost seems like he gave up on this team before it did. There's almost no way to legitimately argue going for 2 was the right move. Certainly not with this God-awful offense.

It was a bad decision.

"But I'm trusting our green kicker who missed on last try to win the game with a FG....". 🙄

And as others have pointed out, Clawson won the only game he obviously adjusted.

Which leads us back to a bigger question. Is he trying to prove a point or win games? After that shit-show of coaching today and the Magic Mitch love affair, I'm not certain of the answer.

So by my count we had three games this year where we were driving for the tying/winning score in the final minutes only to throw up on ourselves and lose. That's pretty impressive.

Dave Doeren adjusted his gameplan this year when he realized he had a shithand, yet Dave Clawson pretended nothing was wrong for most of the season.

Wake was literally beaten by a whole host of back-up QB's all season long while Clawson kept trotting out Mitch.

Wake's lone ACC win was with our QB3.

Stubborn as a mule. :(

So by my count we had three games this year where we were driving for the tying/winning score in the final minutes only to throw up on ourselves and lose. That's pretty impressive.

Sounds about right.

Impressive, most impressive.... :(

It was a bad decision.

I beg to differ with this logic because Clawson's decision meant that he was setting up a scenario where he would probably be depending on his kicker to win the game with a field goal.

Dave Doeren adjusted his gameplan this year when he realized he had a shithand, yet Dave Clawson pretended nothing was wrong for most of the season.
State got better over the course of the season. Clawson’s teams typically beat up OOC teams and get a nice record then lose in October/November.

Back