• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2pm on the C-Dub vs. Syracuse

Kern threw for 18/24 for 263 yards and 3 TDs.

He's the first Wake QB with a 75% completion percentage, 200+ yards, and multiple TDs in an ACC game since Wolford went 28/34 for 461 yards and 5 TDs vs. Louisville in 2017.

Hartman never threw 75% or better in an ACC game.

He's the first Wake QB with a 75% completion percentage, 200+ yards, and multiple TDs in an ACC game since Wolford went 28/34 for 461 yards and 5 TDs vs. Louisville in 2017.

images.jpeg-31.jpg

If we can put a decent Oline in front of him, he could be good for us next year. The Oline played pretty well today and Kern had a really good game. He showed he can run the slow mesh plays and can run when needed. Not saying we don’t explore the portal for QB, but Kern can play if he ends being the guy.

If we can put a decent Oline in front of him, he could be good for us next year. The Oline played pretty well today and Kern had a really good game. He showed he can run the slow mesh plays and can run when needed. Not saying we don’t explore the portal for QB, but Kern can play if he ends being the guy.

Yep. We knew he could/should play.

Listening to him postgame, he may just come back.

We shall see.

A decent qb may also equal a better defensive effort. Its hard for the D to stay motivated when the qb sucks and they're tired from being on the field a lot

“With 10 minutes left”
Look at the chart; down 4 at any point in the 4th quarter, it says go for 2.
I thought (and still think) it was the wrong move by Clawson, but there are definitely at least some analytics that say it was the right call.

everyone knows the offensive line has a big impact on whether your quarterback looks good or not, but the opposite is also true and i think is sometimes overlooked.

griffis made our offensive line look worse because of his awful pocket presence and indecisiveness.

i think the offensive line has looked better with kern (and marucci) in large part bc those guys play the position better in the pocket.

(i still think our offensive line stinks overall)

everyone knows the offensive line has a big impact on whether your quarterback looks good or not, but the opposite is also true and i think is sometimes overlooked.

griffis made our offensive line look worse because of his awful pocket presence and indecisiveness.

i think the offensive line has looked better with kern (and marucci) in large part bc those guys play the position better in the pocket.

It does help when a guy doesn’t go straight into the fetal position when he gets pressured.

With Mitch under center the O line had to hold their blocks for much longer than is possible.

Tino and Kern showed Clawson the error of his ways sticking with Mitch.

Learned the hard way.... too little too late.

How hard does Clawson have to beg Kern to come back for a 6th year after refusing to give him a shot?

Remember when a number of us "crazy people" (you included) were raising the possibility of Clawson losing his team with a very questionable loyalty to Griffis and then stating that Kern might be a good kid to marry someone's daughter?

Yeah, I think Kern does too.

Creative play missing that very well could have won the game

I saw S. Carolina run tonight vs Clemson a type of counter where the ball is handed off and everyone sweeps, and runner flips ball to receiver going the other way. He runs for TD. Seems like we did this once this year and scored.

Could have put Marucci in to strike a little "uh oh" in Syracuse D and D coach. " What the h--- will they do?" Marucci gets the ball, a guy who's played both RB and QB (a la Syracuse TE and QB). Will he run or throw? His decision wins game....😁.

Someone should ask Clawson which part of the game he felt like Griffis brought more to the table than Kern:

Passing: No
Running/speed: No
Pocket presence: No
Arm strength: No

I’m not sure there is much left. That decision cost the team a respectable season. I don’t disagree that Clawson has earned a bad season. However, the poor decision making around the QB position was inexcusable and indefensible and should not be tolerated. I hope Currie puts a lot of pressure on him to explain and takes steps to ensure it does not happen again
Currie should chew his ass out!

Kern got his undergrad degree in May 2022 and will earn his graduate degree this December. Maybe he wants a third degree?

Back