• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2pm on the C-Dub vs. Syracuse

Dennis lost us the Duke game missing multiple very short field goals, and then didn’t make a kick after that. And Black is a question mark.

Clawson trusted Kern and the offense more than Black or Dennis. I think it’s defendable.
Yeah I don't think this is as egregious as everyone's making it out to be. Questionable? Yeah, but c'mon. We're 4-7 with kicking issues. What do we have to lose that we haven't already lost? Like I said earlier, I'd rather lose being aggressive than lose being timid.

Dennis lost us the Duke game missing multiple very short field goals, and then didn’t make a kick after that. And Black is a question mark.

Clawson trusted Kern and the offense more than Black or Dennis. I think it’s defendable.

Yep - Playing for 3 points and relying on the defense to get a stop wasn’t winning this game

Wake has given him tons of time and understanding. 31-55 ACC record. No other school would put up with that.
Ok - Cut the check to pay his and the staff’s buyouts with enough left over to bring in a new HC and staff at current market rates

Yeah I don't think this is as egregious as everyone's making it out to be. Questionable? Yeah, but c'mon. We're 4-7 with kicking issues. What do we have to lose that we haven't already lost? Like I said earlier, I'd rather lose being aggressive than lose being timid.
But we DID lose because we weren’t aggressive. We ran two vanilla running plays inside the 10 to try to milk clock just assuming that we’d score a TD after that. Truly moronic.

I still like Clawson, but I hated the decision for 2 at the time and thought it was the wrong call. I don't think there is a lot of trust to kick a game winning FG at any point with what I saw today. I'd rather get to OT and have a chance to let the players decide the game. And, if you are going for the "win" why run 2 run plays?? The lack of a QB change (even for the short term) really hurt us. A win in OT doesn't change a whole lot on the season, but to battle back on the road - makes the locker room a lot more positive and a much much happier ride home.

Dennis is a disaster. Even the kicks he made this year were barely over the O-Line. It was probably a little early to chase the 2 points but who knows. Kern would have won us 6 games if he plays a full schedule.

Plus…the decision to get within two meant we intended to kick a field goal later. Lack of trust in the kicking game had absolutely zero to do with the decision to go for two.
This. The two only makes sense if you think a FG is winning it for you.

Let's see how that stacks up against dollar signs.
We may be overestimating the talent that Wake has. Other teams will get gouged way worse than us. I know we were banged up but I have questions about most all the guys we think could get poached other than Davis and Banks.

He missed a 38 yard FG. Yes, a college kicker should make that. But missing a 38 yarder doesn’t disqualify him from kicking a PAT.
This is where I am? Made a FG, couple
PATs, miss wasn’t a disaster? Strange to me.

We may be overestimating the talent that Wake has. Other teams will get gouged way worse than us. I know we were banged up but I have questions about most all the guys we think could get poached other than Davis and Banks.
Key, Claiborne, Pointer, Mustapha…you’ve got questions about these guys?

Still debating the decision to go for 2???

LOL - This defense allowed Cuse with a hurt QB to score 35 and got lucky with time expiring in Q2 that it wasn’t 42.

Getting a QB is one thing but retaining Banks, Morin, and Greene is something equally important. You also can’t build an entire line through the Portal (Colorado proved that) but finding key pieces is going to go a long way in getting back to respectability.

Back