• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

30 for 30 - Fantastic Lies

The AD definitely cares more about its image than winning. That's why Wake is essentially Furman at this point.

Give it another decade and it will be Bob Jones.

The AD doesn't understand nobody cares about image if you're not winning.

Man, I just read that entire thread on the duke board. I can't that believe anybody on here would ever accuse anybody of being #pretentious or #grammar nazi after reading that tripe. No bandwagon fans on the duke lacrosse thread though.

Special shout-out to the "Well, maybe they didn't do this, but some of them were doing some other stuff" bros in this thread.

Does that logic carry over to any other aspect of life? Would you tolerate that caliber of judgment from, say, police officers patrolling minority neighborhoods? I mean, Mike Brown was no angel, amirite?

Special shout-out to the "Well, maybe they didn't do this, but some of them were doing some other stuff" bros in this thread.

Does that logic carry over to any other aspect of life? Would you tolerate that caliber of judgment from, say, police officers patrolling minority neighborhoods? I mean, Mike Brown was no angel, amirite?

Wasn't that the exact reason trotted out by those who said it was a good shooting?

Reff -

....but the Revvvvv Jesse Jackson & the Revvvv Al Sharpton to come back and apologize for all their foot stomping when this case broke.

When have these two dirtbags EVER in any case publicly said they were wrong and/or apologized ?

Wasn't that the exact reason trotted out by those who said it was a good shooting?

Yes, and I thought you all hated it then. As you should have, and as you should now.

Last edited:
Reff -

When have these two dirtbags EVER in any case publicly said they were wrong and/or apologized ?

Never ever will they apologize for anything, that was my point. But we haven't seen near as much from the Revvv Jackson since Junior went to prison for campaign funds misuse in 2013 and his wife Sandi was sentenced to 2 twelve month jail terms for federal income tax evasion [as she was trying to conceal his crimes.]

Wonder if that happened today what our faculty member Melissa Harris Perry would step in and have to say about the issue?
She used to be on MSNBC but got fired last month and she also has federal income tax liens just like Revvv Al Sharpton [though she & her husband don't owe near as much as Al]

Reff -

Being progressive means never having to say you're sorry. Wildly unjustified witch hunts (in Durham, Charlottesville, etc.) of innocent people is just the price of "raising awareness."

I just love the fact Jesse gave that crazy bitch a scholarship. I wish there was a picture of the two of them with one of those huge cardboard checks.

Being progressive means never having to say you're sorry. Wildly unjustified witch hunts (in Durham, Charlottesville, etc.) of innocent people is just the price of "raising awareness."

I'm sorry what was the unjustified witch hunt in Charlottesville?

I'm sorry what was the unjustified witch hunt in Charlottesville?

Free Huguely! The boy is innocent, and his partial confession should have been suppressed because he was still drunk when he gave it. He also did not mean to bang her head into the wall so many times.

I don't hang out with academics all day unless you count my wife and some friends. Most of my work day is me and my laptop.

Clearly I care about sports.

The incidents at Wake were all individual actors not institutional problems like at UNC, Louisville, Miami, or Ohio St recently. A kid with a DUI doesn't reflect poorly on the entire institution. If Clark and Teague had raped that girl, it wouldn't have been an institutional problem. Even so, only winning programs get the headlines that could possibly made the school look bad.

The institutional issues that made Wake look bad came from the perceived lack of response from the AD to the rape allegations. She went on the Today Show for a segment about athletic departments. What made Wake look bad was the AD narrative defending [Redacted] by pinning bad actions of a few players on Gaudio.

Any bad rep Wake basketball has is from parroting a narrative that the culture of the program was poor under Gaudio and that [Redacted] was hired to fix it. Oh and losing. Losing makes Wake look bad. Self-inflicted wounds.

Last edited:
I don't hang out with academics all day unless you count my wife and some friends. Most of my work day is me and my laptop.

Clearly I care about sports.

The incidents at Wake were all individual actors not institutional problems like at UNC, Louisville, Miami, or Ohio St recently. A kid with a DUI doesn't reflect poorly on the entire institution. If Clark and Teague had raped that girl, it wouldn't have been an institutional problem. Even so, only winning programs get the headlines that could possibly made the school look bad.

The institutional issues that made Wake look bad came from the perceived lack of response from the AD to the rape allegations. She went on the Today Show for a segment about athletic departments. What made Wake look bad was the AD narrative defending [Redacted] by pinning bad actions of a few players on Gaudio.

Any bad rep Wake basketball has is from parroting a narrative that the culture of the program was poor under Gaudio and that [Redacted] was hired to fix it. Oh and losing. Losing makes Wake look bad. Self-inflicted wounds.

Did you watch the 30 for 30?

Back