• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

36 Hole Leader Hunter Mahan Withdraws

If he is indeeed loaded financially and she's pretty much on her due date, he should have just stayed home and let some other guy have his spot in the field.

Yea...not sure why bkf thinks Mahan is going to be of some use.

He probably wants to witness the birth of his child...not perform some task during the delivery.

I'm sure bkf's kids would be happy to know that his idea of fatherhood is throwing money at your kids from a distance. Takes a big man to do that.

Anybody remember when bkf said he would pull for a Bobby Knight team over a team that his son played on. Strange strange cat.

BKF is an idiot, and not a real man. Good to see you value money over family... #culture.

My wife would kill me if I missed the birth of our child. I'm not joking, I'd be dead. This may have been a matter of self preservation.

Wow. What a train wreck of a thread for BKF. How the hugely contrasting ideas he posts here on the board can exist in the same brain is worth study, assuming he's not clinically insane (big assumption, I know). And then he follows it up with deletes, as if that's going to make it all go away. Wow, just wow.

Wow.

I think the problem, racer, is basically that my reasoning is simply beyond your comprehension level. And most of my posts have been quoted, so they aren't going anywhere. I only delete them because it seems to irritate the hell out of certain posters on this board. Have a nice day! :)

Amazing that a grown man is so insecure of his opinions that he tries to erase them from existence.

I think the problem, racer, is basically that my reasoning is simply beyond your comprehension level.

LOL. As the father of 3 little ones who has been at the hospital for the birth of each and only had to sit in the waiting room for 1 (because he was adopted), I'm fairly sure I comprehend just how absurd your posts are. Especially given your near constant rants about greed and those who pursue wealth at all costs. Even more so when you consider Hunter has already made $24 million in his career.

But hey, father of the century, tell us more about how you'd cheer against your son if Knight was coaching the opposing team.

This thread made my day. A gem. It should be noted, just for the hell of it, that Mahan makes over three million a year in endorsement money. I don't think Zoe's going to have a whole lot to worry about other than she may favor her dad in the DNA lottery.

If Mahan didn't need the money and knew there was a chance that he would not finish the tournament, he should not have entered it in the first place. As it was, he took away a spot in the field from a guy who probably did need the money and could have used a chance to play.

This is the closest thing to a reasonable argument you have made to this point.

If Mahan didn't need the money and knew there was a chance that he would not finish the tournament, he should not have entered it in the first place. As it was, he took away a spot in the field from a guy who probably did need the money and could have used a chance to play.

They guy who didn't make the field needs to work on his short game anyway.

Considering the fact that babies can be born 6-8 weeks early (heaven forbid), should he have just sat on his butt all summer and not entered a single event? What's the reasonable cut-off for when he should have stopped playing on the slight chance his kid would be born that week? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? 6 weeks?

The baby was due August 17th and his wife had gone to the Doctor earlier in the week before the tournament started where she was told there were no reasons to expect an early delivery.. How many weeks, oh man of changing ridiculous arguments and opposing viewpoints, should he have blocked off on his work calendar? What about his caddy? Would it be fair to him to have to sit at home twiddling his thumbs? He's the little man in this story who slaves away for his rich boss...surely you have a tender spot in your heart for his trials?!?!

Back