• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

36 Hole Leader Hunter Mahan Withdraws

Considering the fact that babies can be born 6-8 weeks early (heaven forbid), should he have just sat on his butt all summer and not entered a single event? What's the reasonable cut-off for when he should have stopped playing on the slight chance his kid would be born that week? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? 6 weeks?

9 months #Wrangor

If Mahan didn't need the money and knew there was a chance that he would not finish the tournament, he should not have entered it in the first place. As it was, he took away a spot in the field from a guy who probably did need the money and could have used a chance to play.

Really trying to dig yourself out of this hole.....

The second you find out your wife is pregnant it is completely incumbent as an honorable man to never leave the house just in case something happens. Your wife gets cranky and wants pickles dunked in ice cream? Better tell her to go get it herself, WHAT IF YOU MISS THE PREGNANCY BECAUSE YOU'RE AT THE STORE.

Some folk are simply contrarian.

I applaud Hunter. It is a statement of love and commitment to his wife. Being with your wife during the trauma of delivery is more important to her than we males can understand. I have never been a big Mahan fan; but that may change.

Hope mother and daughter are both well and safe.

Good for Hunter. He did the right thing.

I assume Hunter also realized his concentration would be poor, which would likely be reflected in his 3rd and 4th round scores.

Because he'd have been thinking about the absolute ass-kicking he would have gotten when he did go home.

I believe Toqueville would have called that self interest rightly understood.

Because he'd have been thinking about the absolute ass-kicking he would have gotten when he did go home.

And maybe he wanted to be home to see the most important event he could see--the birth of his child. Way more important than playing in a golf tournament. Mickleson was ready to leave the US Open in Pinehurst in 1999, even if it had been a Monday playoff with Payne Stewart. Some things are just that important.

The second you find out your wife is pregnant it is completely incumbent as an honorable man to never leave the house just in case something happens. Your wife gets cranky and wants pickles dunked in ice cream? Better tell her to go get it herself, WHAT IF YOU MISS THE PREGNANCY BECAUSE YOU'RE AT THE STORE.

It is incumbent on the wife to not spend any time over the carpet just in case her water breaks.

We seem to have a lot of marriage counselors on this thread. On October 4th, I will have been married 45 years. Wednesday (July 31st) will be the 50th anniversary of my first date with that wife, whom I dated thruout my senior year in high school and all four years at Wake Forest. So, how many divorcees do we have on this board giving me advice on how to make a marriage last?

Hell yeah, Roberto. Kudos to you on your traditional family values. Don't even bother trying to educate all these damn Obama voters about a strong bond between you and your wife, under the watchful eye of our one and only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. These pussies are too busy trying to take away our guns and crying about the government not allowing them to gay marry their frail, hairless little boyfriends.

We seem to have a lot of marriage counselors on this thread. On October 4th, I will have been married 45 years. Wednesday (July 31st) will be the 50th anniversary of my first date with that wife, whom I dated thruout my senior year in high school and all four years at Wake Forest. So, how many divorcees do we have on this board giving me advice on how to make a marriage last?

Forget your marriage...Bobby Knight or your son? Which is it?

I would never pull against a team that Bob Knight was coaching. Ever. Bob Knight is like a God to me. I would pull for my son to play a great game...but only my son, not the rest of his team that was playing against Bob Knight.

Unreal. Is this a parody? I heart this thread.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall when bkf's extended family talks about him.

I would love for you to be there, too. You could've been there tonight at my monthly company dinner. My son, daughter-in-law & two grandchildren were there.

How many times did you invoke the General's name during this dinner? Less than 5?

What is this thread about again?

Back