• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5-7 WF receiving a bowl invite? Here is the breakdown.

Is it better for bowl hopes if
1) NM wins to go 5-7 and keep Utah St also at 5-7?
Or
2) for NM to go 4-8 and UtahSt is bowl eligible?

I think it's 1, right?
The fewer teams with 6-6 or better records, the more likely it is that Wake goes bowling at 5-7.

One more Bowl means one more football game for a lot of guys who will never play competitive organized football again in their lives. Twenty practices. A trip somewhere for the team and alumni. Take that in a New York minute.
Oh I'm all in on it. Just joking around at Windy's take on it all.

I’m looking at these 5-6 team games tomorrow and I’m feeling much less confident even if we do win.

They should just let MN and WF play a bowl game against each other. Call it the APR bowl. We will host. Weather should be nice.

Agree with all of this except we get to host. Was 65 and sunny here today. Love Minnesota but I don't know how you people do it.

WCD is a good dude and true Deac. He’s frustrated like us all. That said, if we end up in a bowl, who’s on suicide watch for him?
I’m blushing

I’m not against playing the game. My issue is holding it up as some sort of accomplishment

I’m all for the team playing another practice game. Just don’t anyone in yourself into thinking it’s an accomplishment when 60%+ of teams go to one

I’m blushing

I’m not against playing the game. My issue is holding it up as some sort of accomplishment

I’m all for the team playing another practice game. Just don’t anyone in yourself into thinking it’s an accomplishment when 60%+ of teams go to one
Yeah, that’s something I completely agree with.

Being invited to a post season game means your team didn't finish in the bottom 40% for the season. An invite and a bowl win would end this train wreck of a season on a somewhat positive note. An invite and a loss would be the mushroom stamp on this train wreck of a season.

Clawson said it’s a reward for the team’s performance in the classroom to be in a position to get a bowl IF we get to 5-7, not an accomplishment for on field performance. That’s a fair assessment I think. Nobody is happy with this season and that won’t change if we somehow get to a bowl and even if we get to one and win. It would end the season more positively than going 4-8, but does not change the disappointment of the season.

Apparently won't be the case, but it would be nice if the team already knew coming out of the locker room today that a win gets them in a bowl, and they would respond accordingly. Finishing this season on a 2-game win streak would I think make both those inside the program and the fan base feel much better about the state of Wake football.

It is so sad to be playing for last place in the ACC. I can still not believe we spent the entire season without changing quarterbacks. It is also hard to believe we did not look in the portal for another option.

It is so sad to be playing for last place in the ACC. I can still not believe we spent the entire season without changing quarterbacks. It is also hard to believe we did not look in the portal for another option.

Clawson rode the Mitch train right off the tracks. :(

Apparently won't be the case, but it would be nice if the team already knew coming out of the locker room today that a win gets them in a bowl, and they would respond accordingly. Finishing this season on a 2-game win streak would I think make both those inside the program and the fan base feel much better about the state of Wake football.
Not sure how much difference that makes, they know they got to win to have any chance, so the effort should be there, if not we deserve to lose.

Back