• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5 Home games next year?

wake

Reaction score
Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/genrel/113012aaa.html

Apparently we can't find the last non-conference opponent to come play us at Groves next year. I'm sure our esteemed athletic director will come up with a terrible solution and try to pawn it off on us as a great achievement.

No worries, it's all strategy. We are just angling for our future as a minor conference team serving as homecoming fodder for real athletic programs.

We have even spoken with other ACC teams about playing a game as non-conference opponents.

Seems like this would be a good move for the other conference teams looking to add last minute. No one wants to go on the road, probably.

Fine by me. I don't wanna sit thru the games when we suck as hard as we do.

But for some reason, I have to buy tix.

I'm glad to hear him say this:

Because we are already playing a Football Championship Subdivision team in Presbyterian, we can only consider Football Bowl Subdivision opponent

How much are ticket prices going to go up for just 5 games?

I mean, he explicitly stated that because we're already playing Presby we're not even looking at FCS schools.

Excuses for a Losing Record in 2013

1) Young team

2) Injuries

3) 7 road games

Hell we might as well go be canon fodder for an SEC team and collect a big check from them like all the FCS schools do, lord knows the athletic department is going to need the money if they keep up at their current pace.

Traitor. You want to see Wake get beat by App don't you so you can rub it in the noses of all the people on here who talk junk about App.

Not really...I hated that game. But it would be a nice non-conference game if we can't get a big name program. Would sell a lot of tickets.

Not really...I hated that game. But it would be a nice non-conference game if we can't get a big name program. Would sell a lot of tickets.

Just messing with you since I seem to recall you saying went to school there. I'd like to see us start playing them again. But I think most on here are glad we aren't playing them.

Back