• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

5 Home games next year?

We should definitely pick up a team on the same level.. So maybe a socom team would do well

Just messing with you since I seem to recall you saying went to school there. I'd like to see us start playing them again. But I think most on here are glad we aren't playing them.

Yeah, I went there and I am big fan...that is why I hated that game.

We never had 5 home games during any of my four years at WF....and we only had 4 home games one time. The other three years we had 3 home games.

And all were day games because electricity hadn't been invented yet, correct?

From what I heard, pretty much every ACC school cancelled their fourth non-conference game for next year immediately when the ACC decided to go to nine conference games and now that the Notre Dame addition made them change their minds back to eight, it's kind of a mess. Everyone is scrambling to fill their schedules

Teams with 4 non conference games so far from what I could find

Clemson (two FCS)
State
Maryland
VPI
UVA

I heard from a very reliable source that it was USF. However, that was before this article was published so maybe something changed.

Just have to tailgate 1/5 harder at each other home game.

From what I heard, pretty much every ACC school cancelled their fourth non-conference game for next year immediately when the ACC decided to go to nine conference games and now that the Notre Dame addition made them change their minds back to eight, it's kind of a mess. Everyone is scrambling to fill their schedules

Maybe we will only have to play 11 games so we will have one less game to lose :jordanshrug:

Can we not get a winnable FBS game at home?

When did this Wake-USF thing allegedly happen?

Teams with 4 non conference games so far from what I could find

Clemson (two FCS)
State
Maryland
VPI
UVA

USF has

McNeese State
@ Michigan State
FAU
Miami

would certainly be awesome for me if it happens though

It's better to go 6-6 and win two FCS games instead of go 5-7 and only win one right? Isn't a 6-6 team with two FCS teams on the schedule ahead in the pecking order of the 5-7 team? With so many bowls and bowl teams now there's a good chance it will drop to 6-6 teams with two FCS teams. I'd go with that route, take the gate receipts and get out of dodge. It only matters if we go 6-6, doesn't matter if we win fewer, doesn't matter if we win more.

Back