• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 States, 50 Sammiches

buckets

#1 Bald Hero
Reaction score
http://www.zagat.com/b/50-states-50-sandwiches

NC_pulled_pork_636_400_s_c1.jpg

i have mad respect for them picking the roast pork broccoli rabe with prov for PA over the cheesesteak, but they picked a terrible spot for it. gotta go johns or nicks.

i prefer vinegar based barbecue, but i'm a little surprised they didn't at least mention that there are multiple styles.

i have mad respect for them picking the roast pork broccoli rabe with prov for PA over the cheesesteak, but they picked a terrible spot for it. gotta go johns or nicks.

i don't know about that, the place in reading is pretty damn good. gotta get the bruschetta steak at john's.

The pork-rabe sandwich is a great sandwich.

LA people, I've still not yet had a proper Los Angeles french dip. Does Philippe's live up to the hype?

i want the hawaii sammich right now

The pork-rabe sandwich is a great sandwich.

LA people, I've still not yet had a proper Los Angeles french dip. Does Philippe's live up to the hype?

did you end up getting a sandwich in the south bay a couple months back?

i like the place, don't get me wrong, it's just a gimmick choice. there are institutions built around that sandwich all over the city, and the one in the tourist spot wouldn't be my pick, especially from the zagat people. maybe i'll have to go order it again tomorrow to really make my mind up.

nick's is this super grimy dive bar down a few blocks from my house that is probably the most famous one in the city, and still my favorite.

i prefer vinegar based barbecue, but i'm a little surprised they didn't at least mention that there are multiple styles.

I love both styles. Which is why Midway/Carolina/whatever they serve in the middle of the state is the best. Vinegar + ketchup. So good.

Although I guess that could just be considered Lexington style.

Strange, first time I felt like moving to Kentucky.

Strange, first time I felt like moving to Kentucky.

My grandfather used to auctioneer at the tobacco market in Owensboro, KY. We have always made a version of the hot brown with thanksgiving leftovers. So good.

If ever a dude deserved a blowie, it was the Earl of Sandwich.

Virginia needs to step their game up. Alamo Cuban?

Back