• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

6 Biggest NFL Draft Busts

Yeah, I think I was combining Ki-Jana and Biakabatuka in my head.

Those guys both sucked in the pros

Ki-Jana Carter? Biakabatika was from Michigan.

Didn't the Colts pick Emptman and Corryat 1-2 when they had the first two picks in the same draft ? Solid value there.

Yes. And although Steve Emtman was cut down by knee injuries, the dude was clearly roided to high hell, which no doubt contributed to his injuries.

Biakabatuka had some random NFL record at some point dealing with long touchdown runs.

Wiki confirms it...first player to have two 60+ yard TD runs in the same game.

Yeah, I think I was combining Ki-Jana and Biakabatuka in my head.

Those guys both sucked in the pros

Interestingly enough the Biakabatuka game I mentioned above came against the Bengals in a game where Ki-Jana shredded his knee.

That was a great move by the Panthers to trade the #1 pick (Ki-jana) for #5 (Kerry Collins) and a late 1st rounder (OT Blake Brockermeyer).

Wiki confirms it...first player to have two 60+ yard TD runs in the same game.

He on pace to set the single game rushing record against the skins in 1999?, but then Seifert benched him cuz why not?

Todd Marinovich.

Aundray Bruce - def a bust, but had more of a career than I remember. #1 overall by Falcons in 1988.

While not a bust bc he was not a first round pick, we need to acknowledge how bad Jimmy Clausen was in the NFL after a media darling career at Notre Dame.

Last edited:
"They took him fourth overall out of Wake Forest and paid him $34 million guaranteed, which is the most for a non-quarterback in NFL history."

which means he had the best agent ever. It's not his fault they overpaid. How much money he got is irrelevant to the level of being a bust.

How high did Peter Warrick of FSU get drafted? I remember thinking he was a lock for some Pro Bowl games when he was dominating people in college. Same for Mike Williams from USC.

Warrick was drafted #4. I remember people used to say that the 1999 FSU team would beat a pro team. It is funny that they were led by Chris Weinke and Peter Warrick who didn't do dick in the pros. Whenever you hear that argument, immediately punch that person in the face.

which means he had the best agent ever. It's not his fault they overpaid. How much money he got is irrelevant to the level of being a bust.

I was surprised that the number four pick in the draft years ago, a LB, would hold the record for guaranteed, Non-QB money. I said nothing about his level of bustitude.

I was surprised that the number four pick in the draft years ago, a LB, would hold the record for guaranteed, Non-QB money. I said nothing about his level of bustitude.

That was the last year before the new CBA, IIRC. It makes some sense in that context.

That was the last year before the new CBA, IIRC. It makes some sense in that context.

The CBA was after the next draft when all top 5 picks got more guaranteed money than Curry. He was the highest in 2009, but their statement isn't really true.

A bust due to injuries, but he was actually a fairly good player when he did play for the two years that he did. Plus he was picked in the supplemental draft and not the regular draft.

According to nfl.com, Bosworth played 24 games from 1987-1989 in which he had 4 sacks and zero tackles. He was taken in the supplemental draft for what was at the time the largest contract in Seahawks history and the largest rookie contract in NFL history.

$34MM wouldn't do great things for my work ethic.

Reactions: ONW
Back