• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

$7.5 Million Football Gift !

The "yet can't pay players" tag is dead on.

Wonder if Clawson feels any pressure? All this response and he hasn't coached a single game at WF! Hope produces big results. Imagine what actually winning might produce.

I would hope the money deposited in his bank account and his natural desire to win would be pressure enough.

I would hope the money deposited in his bank account and his natural desire to win would be pressure enough.

Yeah, me too. But expectations can create a fear of losing and we are well acquainted with what that can do to play-calling.

Are you suggesting that donations should go into the players' pockets?

I'm suggesting that players should get paid. Athletic departments accept multimillion dollar donations, yet complain that they'd have to shut down football if they had to pay players.

I'm suggesting that players should get paid. Athletic departments accept multimillion dollar donations, yet complain that they'd have to shut down football if they had to pay players.

Pointless thread derail.

I'm suggesting that students should get paid. University academics accept multimillion dollar donations, yet complain that they'd have to shut down if they had to pay students.

See what I did there? I think players should get more than they do (or at least be able to go out to dinner once in a while like normal college kids), but donations aren't the issue. Revenues are.

So refresh my memory... How much was the Sutton gift and is it also going to this football center? Haven't heard where that fits in to the $10 mill recently rounded up.

Back