• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

$7.5 Million Football Gift !

"McCreary's most recent gift, when combined with a recently announced $2 million gift from alumnus Alan Fox ('79, MBA '81, P '12) and $3 million in other gifts, brings the total commitments made in support of the football program to more than $12.5 million since the launch of Wake Will: The Campaign for Wake Forest in October and nearly $10 million since the arrival of new head football coach Dave Clawson."

The one thing I'm loving about all this is that these donations are clearly directed to football. I get that McCreary played football, you can't help but wonder what kind of donations Bz has had us missing out on. If the Clawson hire (or Clawson himself) is partly responsible for what we're seeing now, it'll be interesting to see what could be coming in if Ronnie can pull off bringing Marshaka to WFU. I have a feeling it could more than cover the amount we'd need to pony up to lure in one of those guys.

Make a change in football and the $$$ just start flowing in. As KVegas said, Ron knows what he needs to do with Buzz.

Who wouldn't want to support this bro?

1966897_556580402888_387250512_n.jpg

Good luck cashing that check. It is clearly too big to be a real check. We've been had.

I just had a closer look at that check and I'm now pretty convinced it isn't real, guys.

1) No bank information on the check. No routing number, no account number, and no bank name.... SUSPECT.
2) Check number 0000001? I remember when I opened my first checking account the bank advised me to start with check number 250 at the LOWEST!
3) No driver's license number. This check, even if real, could just be a fraud!

Wake Forest is welcome for saving them from a classic scam. Very sneaky, BOB, but I figured you out. #sleuth.

In addition to what McCreary has donated, I believe he also co-produced "The Fifth Quarter." I am curious as to where Bob acquired all this wealth. I know he owns McCreary Modern furniture, but I would be surprised if it generates this kind of cash flow. I met him a few times when he was a director of my previous bank. It is a good thing that he did not keep all of his money in bank stock as the 100 year old bank failed in the recession. Anyway, thanks Bob!

"Name Name" is a terrible name for a sports performance center.

Didn't you watch Blue Chips?

1) Bob is the man 2) just think about this for one second, this is our football program, that has historically been shit, and in the recent few years has been finding some success. A good football coach comes in and all of a sudden $10 mil comes right through the door because this coach has basically given us more hope about football then we have seen in years. If we pony up the cash for a winner and a big name, there is no doubt the donations will come flying through the door towards the basketball program as well as an increase in ticket sales, and all the other forms of revenue the team will generate, all of that should easily make up for the cost of going big. This is Welman's last hire for the flagship program. I pray to god they realize they have to pony up the cash and we do what it takes to land somebody that when you turn on espn its the first thing you see.

I guess I was mistaken, but I thought for sure that we were re-building/renovating Reynolda Gymnasium. Pretty damn disappointing if thats not the case, that building is decrepit and embarrassing.

I guess I was mistaken, but I thought for sure that we were re-building/renovating Reynolda Gymnasium. Pretty damn disappointing if thats not the case, that building is decrepit and embarrassing.

They are separate projects now.

Back