• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

9/11

Just when I think you can't get any kookier, I find out you're a 9/11 denier and I'm surprised/disgusted/disturbed yet again. What's next? Obama birther?

Any truth to the idea that Bob Knight simply got angry at the world and orchestrated the entire event during one of his temper tantrums?

It seems possible to me that the terrorists wouldn't have wanted to attack or didn't know about the reactors at Indian Point. We went to war over 3000 people. Imagine the proportionate response to the radiation poisoning of the whole north east?

They could also have decided that the risk of the plane doing no damage to a heavily fortified reactor system want worth the risk and took the target with the most potential for success.

Rather than post a knee-jerk personal attack against me, why don't you give me a cogent explanation of the things in paragraphs #20, #21 & #28 in that article? I'm trying to have a serious discussion here about an event that changed the course of this nation's history.

The fact that you don't understand why one can't have a serious discussion about the website you posted is telling.

Here, I'll play your game. This website says you're full of shit. Please give me a paragraph by paragraph breakdown as to why it's wrong!!?!!!

http://www.debunking911.com/

I suspect we're nearing the end of bkf's posting tenure. Senility is a really sad thing to watch.

3u1h80.jpg

I'm seriously starting to wonder if someone guessed the real BKF's password (it was probably "password") and is now just trolling all of us. The ultimate parody.

They struck the WTC, the symbol of America's financial power.

They struck the Pentagon, the symbol of America's military power.

And they were going to strike the Capitol or the White House, either of which would be considered a symbol of America's political power.

How is this hard to understand why they didn't strike Indian Point? They were sending a message with their attack. It really is as simple as that.

My friend and I commiserated about how both our age 60+ dads have started to fall into conspiracy mode. We tried to figure out what it is about old men that causes it to happen.

The terrorists also chose the early flights because there were less people on board so less of a chance for interference from the passengers.

I don't think it all adds up either

I also think Bush Sr. knows more about the Kennedy assassination than he has ever let on.

The terrorists also chose the early flights because there were less people on board so less of a chance for interference from the passengers.

They also wanted planes that were going to the west coast. Those planes are fully loaded with fuel.

Do you seriously believe that the terrorists didn't know about Indian Point? Really?

Look, I am never going to speak in absolutes about what happened, because I don't know. The American people don't know, and I doubt that they ever will. However, I firmly believe that many things went into what happened that day that....if the American people ever did find out the truth about....it would scare the bejesus out of them.

So I'm just bringing up questions that concern me, such as: If the terrorists wanted to inflict maximum damage upon the hated United States...which would seem reasonable...why would they fly right by Indian Point and strike the WTC. Furthermore, why would they strike the WTC before 9 AM, when it was still relatively sparsely populated, rather than a couple of hours later, when there would have close to 50,000 people in the building.

It seems to me that one possibility would have been that rather to inflict maximum damage, there was a plan to achieve an historic goal while minimizing collateral damage.

You're expecting rational thought from a group of irrational people who were about to fly multiple planes into multiple office buildings.

Well, while Indian Point is a very nice target if a potential meltdown were to occur, it isn't a very symbolic one.

The WTC is in the heart of the financial district and a symbol of US Capitalism. You have to remember that the terrorists had no idea that the WTC attack would be so successful and actually bring down the buildings.

benghazi truthers are getting a real hard look in the mirror this morning.

I'm not entirely convinced that a plane flying into a reactor would cause a meltdown. Seems like a flawed premise to me.

Back