• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Haunted Chat Thread: So Many Cities in #Decline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is wind beneath my wings the best song about flying or birds?

one of my favorite factoids is that until the last like 10-15 years Pizza Hut was the #1 buyer of kale in America to decorate their buffets
Back in the day the swim team would house some pizza at that there hut buffet.

This is the undisputed best song about birds and I can't be convinced otherwise

I get that. Windy has said that he can not think of a single Republican official he likes or will represent him, and he is still with the Party because of nostalgia? maybe.

Who is someone in the party that you look up to? Because I really want to understand this.
Something that someone told me one time is that Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line. I’m not trying to generalize bc that seems to be a topic of sensitivity, but it’s been my experience that people who identify as conservative aren’t really doing so because of love of a single candidate or person (though Trump cult of personality certainly begs to differ), they’re doing it because that’s how they were raised, or they have a pet issue, or because it’s a part of their identity they’re hesitant to part with even if it defies your logic.

I remember seeing that on reddit and then learned that Guy is probably MAGA and Anthony Bourdain despised him which made me kinda sad.
Idk some of the riffs against him just seem super classist to me. He’s not Eric Ripert, he’s from a shitty lower middle class background. I doubt he’s MAGA, I’m guessing he’s more apolitical and has met and engaged with Trump celebrity to celebrity.

There were shitty rumors about his treatment of women with lewd comments and homophobic remarks early in his career that you simply hate to see. I guess I just think of him generally as using his platform entirely for positivity.

And I’m about as big a Bourdain fan as you’ll find, but he was a massive snob.

Wow this is so much better than Good Charlotte, MxPx, and New Found Glory
Was the Yield tour, Mudhoney opened. Was their first major tour after they settled(?) their lawsuit against Ticketmaster. I remember that the comic book artist Todd Mcfarlane did the music video for “Do The Evolution” and it was very cool and of its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back