• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A look back at the "culture"-less Deacs gone by....

My favorite memory of the "culture" years - sitting in Minges Coliseum, where Wake was visiting a decent ECU team in Early December.

Wake had 2 NBA point guards, 4 7-footers, 2 more NBA forwards, and a fringe NBA lock down defender in the rotation....
A close game was blown open by a 40-0 Deacon Run, early in the second half. Alley oops, steals, dunks, layups - just complete and supreme domination. A that moment, I knew this was the team that would take us all back to the Final 4........

My favorite memory of the "culture" years - sitting in Minges Coliseum, where Wake was visiting a decent ECU team in Early December.

Wake had 2 NBA point guards, 4 7-footers, 2 more NBA forwards, and a fringe NBA lock down defender in the rotation....
A close game was blown open by a 40-0 Deacon Run, early in the second half. Alley oops, steals, dunks, layups - just complete and supreme domination. A that moment, I knew this was the team that would take us all back to the Final 4........

I was at that game too. My wife was going to ECU at the time, and when we went to sit at the students section, they all booed me when they saw me in my Wake gear. We were up by almost 50 points at one point and some student behind me yelled, "Congratulations Wake Forest! You just beat ECU!"

Good times. LD and AFA had some nasty dunks in that game.

most of all I miss having a coach I can love!!!

yes.

bring me an honest guy that throws himself in front of the bullet to protect his players (as opposed to throwing them under the bus) and I will support every shit that comes out of his tight puckered asshole. I'll double wipe for him, too. triple, if he wins.

yes.

bring me an honest guy that throws himself in front of the bullet to protect his players (as opposed to throwing them under the bus) and I will support every shit that comes out of his tight puckered asshole. I'll double wipe for him, too. triple, if he wins.

Ain't going to happen until Well Man is put to pasture!

Back