• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A look back at the "culture"-less Deacs gone by....

I'd donate an organ or two to get that back. There needs to be a campaign for Wake fans to protest the athletic department by donating more organs than Jeff [Redacted] has ACC wins in his entire career thus far. You want to talk about gaining some national exposure and forcing some answers from the University. Stratton bro's, lineup a good surgeon.

Ah, that cracked me up, thank you... that would be amazing

2009 -- what an exciting time to be a Demon Deacon with our nationally-ranked basketball team.

Its too bad this board demanded that our coach be fired.

It's laughable to think that the current team is "cultured" or in some way above teams of the past after a couple of the things I've witnessed on campus. Not saying they're bad kids by any stretch, but they're definitely not choir boys. They're just college kids being college kids. The whole culture argument infuriates me.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. It's all just AD propaganda. Almost every single one of our players likes to go out and have a good time... just like any other college kid

2009 -- what an exciting time to be a Demon Deacon with our nationally-ranked basketball team.

Maybe we should demand Buzz be fired!

It's all worse than we can imagine with the cream of the Big East coming in along with Pitino's crew. We are relegating ourselves to Seton Hall status indefinitely. It is going to be an incredible battle up that slope. This could have been so easily avoided.

And more...

a_gray_il.jpg

Shocking.

img6830061.jpg

I couldn't find the throat slash pic of this cultureless thug.

That throat slash was the beginning of the end. I know you know this.

"This board" did not even exist at the time...

UGH, another one of the worst moments in Wake Forest History. If I recall, we were something like 60/60 from the line, #1 in the country, and Taron -- our best free throw shooter -- could clench the game. Instead, he bricks, and we lose to Florida State in overtime.

It was the free throw that ended the streak that went back to the previous game.

And that previous game is one of the all-time Joel classics.

It's all worse than we can imagine with the cream of the Big East coming in along with Pitino's crew. We are relegating ourselves to Seton Hall status indefinitely. It is going to be an incredible battle up that slope. This could have been so easily avoided.

Nah, we wouldn't even be at that status....we are more like, gulp, Providence.

It is amazing that for a while the Joel was a place where other teams did not want to play. Look at the crowd in the background of the vids. Wow! I was there for all of them and this brings a tear to my eyes.

It is amazing that for a while the Joel was a place where other teams did not want to play. Look at the crowd in the background of the vids. Wow! I was there for all of them and this brings a tear to my eyes.

My biggest fear is that we have ruined Wake bball to the point that even if we get pretty good again it will never be like that again.

My biggest fear is that we have ruined Wake bball to the point that even if we get pretty good again it will never be like that again.

it's an understandable fear but students are 18-22 yo with short memories. If we have a competitive top-25 team in a few years the Joel will be rocking again. especially if the upcoming renovations move the students closer to the court, which I fervently hope.

Damn, I miss being good. One of my favorite entrances would be when the ROTC cadre would repel from the tower in the deacon head - used to have the helicopter sound effects and all that good shit.

I miss having fun at the basketball games. I miss the atmosphere and most of all I miss having a coach I can love!!!

Back