• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Mafia Game Happened Here - Mafia Wins

digital edition of a board game. These words are all words, but make no sense when used together

Yeah, you tell ‘em toogs. Ain’t no digital board game going to be on your lawn.

i am taking Fri off otherwise i'd take a shot at running a game this thurs/fri. sorry, although since I can't promise a particularly correctly modded game on my first try, perhaps we're all better off.

i am taking Fri off otherwise i'd take a shot at running a game this thurs/fri. sorry, although since I can't promise a particularly correctly modded game on my first try, perhaps we're all better off.

Hey we all start from somewhere. I ran a game early in my career and accidentally called night early which caused FTN to lose his shit. Modding is a learning experience.

Game of thrones the board game is free on the Epic store right now. Just click the download button and it's yours. Might be a good off-season distraction if things fall off again.

I will probably host a game of this in August. Rep/pm to be added. Looking for five more

There will probably be week-long turns, for 6 weeks

Been busy at the doc getting a dong reduction

Good, my mom has been complaining about it for a while, hopefully this makes it more comfortable for her

Hey we all start from somewhere. I ran a game early in my career and accidentally called night early which caused FTN to lose his shit. Modding is a learning experience.

To be fair, FTN lost his shit all the fuckin' time.

FTN = WakeForestRanger?

although i think WFRanger seems fine whenever he's not just posting tweets

He's a weird midget with a temper. Guy posts 8000 times a day on the Terpboard, usually just posting tweets like a human RSS feed. One of the weirdest people I've come across.

He used to be normal, then one day he broke.

To bring it back to the original Diggler comment, I think it's important that everyone who plays mafia at least semi-regularly tries to mod a vanilla-ish game at least once. It really helps capture the whole picture of a game and gives a great understanding of all the moving parts and how things happen and why they happen. I have an open-ended offer to help anyone who wants to mod a game for the first time as a co-mod. I sometimes think I enjoy modding more than playing.

is c9++ vanilla-ish? i have only played one game that WASN'T in that setup

is c9++ vanilla-ish? i have only played one game that WASN'T in that setup

It is. There are other even more vanilla games that you can run if you don't want to deal with all the math permutations of C9++. ABC games where the only roles are cop, watcher, BG and mafia RB are also fun games, and you can spice them up by making them Captain's Choice (mafia captain chooses his team) or Waterfall (first mafia RNG'd, picks first teammate, that teammate picks next teammate, etc.). Or you can just do a pure vanilla game where there is a cop, vanilla townies and mafia goons.

back in my early mafia days it was like 12 or 15 players per game and roles were known: cop, angel, mafia, civs

You can break that if the cop claims early. Civs just follow the cop til the angel gets got

Rommy this was the stone ages, the early 2000s. We probably had a rotation of 15-20 players. Toogs arrived somewhere in that time. Soon brought over members of the Suque.

The nice thing about those simple games is you get good at basic reads

Back