• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A thread about truckers

Long haul drivers make bank if they are serious drivers. I had a driver that mostly lived out of his truck. He had a room he could crash in at his sister's place when/if he was back in town. He had a decent car that was paid off. He was on the road most of the time. No wife or kids. Pulling in $70,000 a year. Dude would go to Costa Rica for a month each year and blow his wad on hookers, healthcare, and dental work. Poor fella looked like Bozo the clown though.

So it's....good? Not good? LOL.

And $70K isn't making "bank" although you can live well on it in the rural south and west. Get close to an urban area and that's #nomoney.

Long haul drivers make bank if they are serious drivers. I had a driver that mostly lived out of his truck. He had a room he could crash in at his sister's place when/if he was back in town. He had a decent car that was paid off. He was on the road most of the time. No wife or kids. Pulling in $70,000 a year. Dude would go to Costa Rica for a month each year and blow his wad on hookers, healthcare, and dental work. Poor fella looked like Bozo the clown though.

And $70K isn't making "bank" although you can live well on it in the rural south and west. Get close to an urban area and that's #nomoney.

It's making bank for someone who most likely never finished high school.

well $70,000 if you don't have housing expenses or family to support is going to go a lot farther. (it sounds like a lot of money to me though!)

Truckers are cool, but I think most truckers really want to be poorly educated barristers.

my deadbeat dad was a truck driver. My mom died and he showed up at my military school to pick me up in a crappy old Mack truck with an hawk hood ornament. At first I hated him but along the way home, he taught me how to drive the truck, work out while driving, hustle for cash and pretty much how to stop being a milk fed pussy. Along the way I learned that he didn't abandon me. He was forced away by my mothers family. Dad finally caught a big break by winning an event in Las Vegas where we used the prize money to start our own trucking business. You probably have seen our fleet on the road. Hawk & Son.

The world meets nobody half way....

my deadbeat dad was a truck driver. My mom died and he showed up at my military school to pick me up in a crappy old Mack truck with an hawk hood ornament. At first I hated him but along the way home, he taught me how to drive the truck, work out while driving, hustle for cash and pretty much how to stop being a milk fed pussy. Along the way I learned that he didn't abandon me. He was forced away by my mothers family. Dad finally caught a big break by winning an event in Las Vegas where we used the prize money to start our own trucking business. You probably have seen our fleet on the road. Hawk & Son.

The world meets nobody half way....

It is bank with no rent/mortgage and no car payment.

Do they have a pee jar?

Do they take Immodium to not have to shit on the trip?

What would your CB radio handle be? That's the real question.

Our family was driving from Texas to Florida in two cars, and we had cheap CB radios in each car to keep the kids occupied. My sisters and I were having silly kid conversations when some trucker chimed in and started telling stories. At the end of each anecdote, he kept asking if 'Mad Dog' was still there. We went radio silent and just listened to this guy ramble. The dude kept talking forever and asking if Mad Dog was still on the line - it was highly entertaining.

So: Mad Dog.

Do they have a pee jar?

Do they take Immodium to not have to shit on the trip?

Trucker bomb
trucker_bottle_poster1.grid-4x2.jpg

Our family was driving from Texas to Florida in two cars, and we had cheap CB radios in each car to keep the kids occupied. My sisters and I were having silly kid conversations when some trucker chimed in and started telling stories. At the end of each anecdote, he kept asking if 'Mad Dog' was still there. We went radio silent and just listened to this guy ramble. The dude kept talking forever and asking if Mad Dog was still on the line - it was highly entertaining.

So: Mad Dog.

And there you have your former lawyer who lived out his dream and became a truck driver. Surprised he didn't drop in a BOHICA or two.

Back