• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Transgendered Navy Seal?

HBO showed a doc a few years ago about the amputee people. It was compelling viewing but I have no idea what it was called.

You are an open minded person. My point and curiosity is about how society perceives these two groups, which are somewhat doing (or want to do) the same thing.

In that case, I would agree that society is probably more open as a whole to the idea of a sex change rather than the amputation of a perfectly usable/functioning limb... because it deals with gender/sexuality, which we've been very much taught and exposed to as more taboo 'you can't say anything contrary to what they feel' subjects. That doesn't mean it's right or that we shouldn't change the way we see these conditions or be more open to voluntary amputation (especially if it prevents someone from trying to do it themselves). The more technology and medicine allows us to understand how people process these things and recognize that there ARE differences and it's not just something you can chalk up to being 'crazy', we should work to change the way society treats them.

'I cannot imagine what information could be more terrifying than your hints and warnings,'
exclaimed Frodo. 'I knew that danger lay ahead, of course; but I did not expect to meet it in our
own Shire. Can't a hobbit walk from the Water to the River in peace?'
'But it is not your own Shire,' said Gildor. 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others
will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence
yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'

You don't need to chop your dick off, go through any types of surgery, or do anything extreme like that. All you have to do is open your heart and attend some seminars.

bible+camp.jpg

Is this a message board? Are we supposed to discuss our opinions? This isn't Russia. Is this Russia?

I do much less attacking than many, many other posters on here. You seem to have some weird fascination with me and my posts though.

No dude, I'm not fascinated with you at all. I think you're a good guy but you're a tad misguided and a lot of your posts come out in the wrong way which is sort hilarious. You are arrogant though which amuses me.

It was on at the Vietnamese place I ate at tonight. Dude sounds like Britney Greiner. It was hard not to laugh at this dude walking around in a slutty dress with arms the size of my legs.

Perhaps BBD or somebody could answer this, but what on earth possesses a man to cut off his dick and become a woman? Is there a school of thought within the gay community that think trannies are too much and shouldn't be lumped into the whole LGBT cause? I mean, I can understand the bond that occurs between a group of people made fun of because of their sexual preference, but it seems to me that becoming a dude or a chick is akin to mental illness. It goes beyond merely being gay. And then what happens if you're in a gay relationship and you become a woman? Does that make the gay couple straight? Does the guy who didn't get his dick cut off suddenly not like his tranny partner because he became a chick?

It's all so confusing.

Do you realize what LGBT stands for? Lesbian, Gay, Bi, TRANSGENDER/TRANSSEXUAL. Idiot.

Do you realize what LGBT stands for? Lesbian, Gay, Bi, TRANSGENDER/TRANSSEXUAL. Idiot.

no shit, Sherlock. But it wasn't always that way, which is why I asked what I did. Gay pride has evolved to include the transgender label.

Back