• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Transgendered Navy Seal?

Homosexuals identify themselves as one gender, and are sexually attracted to that same gender (i.e - a male attracted to other males).

Transgenders identify themselves as a different gender than they are physically. They can be homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual in terms of the sexual attractions (i.e - a woman born physically male who is attracted to women would be a transgendered lesbian).

And no, it's likely she's not mentally ill. It's more likely, that unlike you and the vast majority of humans, she lost the genetic lottery and had her gender and sexual orientation mixed up long before she was even born. What on earth could her attempts to live a more "normal" life in accordance with her mental concept of herself possibly be doing to you or to anyone else?

If she can find peace and happiness with herself and her body, more power to her. And huge respect for the service she provided her country even while working through these things.

The growing category of people who are offended only because other people may be offended because other people are offended blows my mind.

I'm not offended by those who are professionally offended by every conceivable slight to minority groups. I don't really give a shit but I think it's pathetic and counterproductive.

I worked with a transgendered dude (idk if that's the right phrase and frankly I don't give a fuck) he was a big shot in finance and make about $4m/year. No one on his desk gave a shit so long as he got his job done but the PC police had a field day because some guys would bust his, um, lady balls. They didn't realize that everyone on the desk busted each others balls for everything.

To LK's point, I have no problem with the LBQT community and I think it's sick that the government interferes in their lives. I do have a problem with guys who are obviously gay but pretend to be straight and drag girls into their mess. To me, that's disgusting.

I heard an interview with Bob Costas and he talked about just how political correctness was hurting minorities in sports since the PC crowd viewed everything through the lens of race and sexuality; not what the person accomplished or if they were a decent individual. Posters on here who cry racism, sexism and discrimination against the LBQT completely miss the point. Rather than bitch and moan at every perceived slight, you should be celebrating the accomplishments of these individuals not because they're minorities but because they've overcome adversity and succeeded. The PC police on here (RJ, BBD, etc.) do a huge disservice to the groups they're defending. They marginalize their accomplishments and can't have an honest discussion about shortfallings in those communities.

I'm not a psychologist but I imagine the people who get offended at everything have serious personal issues. Think about groups like Jewish Americans and Irish-Americans who faced tremendous discrimination and did very little complaining and are now extremely successful.

I like posting shit like that right before I go out and then coming back to accusations of insensitivity. Gimme a fucking break. Trannies are fucked up. Fuck "being insensitive to gender identity issues" or whatever. It takes a mentally fucked up person to cut off his own cock. That is the plain truth. Same with the other way around (having some weird, fake dong attached. Chastity Bono, you still just look like a fat lesbo and not a real dude).

As for whether or not I've been with a tranny, I feel confident in saying no, though that is a great story that was posted. I did bag somebody who probably was a boxmuncher most of the time and had been in the loony bin once, but she didn't have probs with lube because I'm so awesome. Also, any tranny should be legally obligated to tell a dude she/he is a tranny before hooking up because no reasonably jury outside of San Fran is going to convict a guy if he goes into a flying rage and kills or beats the shit out of her/his ass when he finds out. I'm sorry, but the real world is not a Crying Game thing where you find out the woman has a dick and still love her after two nights at the bar.

Still waiting on answers to my questions for the OP.

This post is epic in its ignorance.

Oh and you're still waiting on answers to your silly questions in the OP? Based on the way you phrased said questions, you clearly don't seem to have the mental competency to consider the issue in a rational way. I can't imagine anyone wasting their time trying to answer them.

Calling out something as ignorant or disagreeing with someone's stance doesn't automatically = "I'm offended"

ELC and qwerty like to say that every time I or someone else calls something out as ignorant, it means I or they are offended. Sometimes we're just calling shit out as stupid.

Still not as big as the category that gets offended when others are offended at something.

Those people: "God, it's fucking stupid that everybody doesn't think like me. Why don't you have my same opinion? Why would anybody think differently than me? God, you're so fucking stupid and sensitive"

Calling out something as ignorant or disagreeing with someone's stance doesn't automatically = "I'm offended"

ELC and qwerty like to say that every time I or someone else calls something out as ignorant, it means I or they are offended. Sometimes we're just calling shit out as stupid.

And then qwerty will make sure to drop some ridiculous story about how much money he or someone he knows makes.

Nah, you love getting butthurt every chance you get. You don't just point out ignorance, you attack anyone who says anything that isn't politically correct. You frequently call out posters for being stupid (ironically).' It's not your job to show the world the error of its ways and while you think you're doing some great social service, you're so bad at it all that you actually turn people off. You merely regurgitate what you read on reddit. I don't know what you're intentions are or if you derive some sense of superiority from being the head of the PC community or if confused sexual disposition makes you feel attacked but almost every one of your posts is predictable drivel without a semblance of an original thought. If you truly are an ally to minorities, you aren't doing them any favors on here. From the time I was a freshman at Wake until now, I've volunteered at underprivileged schools and am very involved in the First Tee. It's not on my resume and I do it because I enjoy it and hope that I'm helping plus I like golf and want others to get the same satisfaction I enough from it. Rather than being professionally offended and the queen of the PC movement on the OGboards, why don't you do something to help those that so desperately need you to fight for them (in your mind)? A little tact and a lot less arrogance will help. Before someone calls me arrogant, the difference is I'm not ramming my throbbing agenda down guys throats in hopes they swallow it.

It doesn't have anything to do with who they have sex with or being gay or whatever...it's about what they identify with and what they feel they truly are.

Transgender people, as far as I know, feel like they are mentally/emotionally/spiritually of the opposite gender, so they have the physical surgery to align their bodies with their minds.

Based on your original post, it sounds like anyone with plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons would be considered "mentally ill".

Eh, or "meh", people don't align themselves as being a person with a particular nose. They just want that nose, so I don't see much of a parallel. I'm willing to concede my ignorance on this topic, but I find it hard to quarrel with ELC's initial reaction that a person that is willing to change their sex likely has some deep psychological issues.

Nah, you love getting butthurt every chance you get. You don't just point out ignorance, you attack anyone who says anything that isn't politically correct. You frequently call out posters for being stupid (ironically).' It's not your job to show the world the error of its ways and while you think you're doing some great social service, you're so bad at it all that you actually turn people off. You merely regurgitate what you read on reddit. I don't know what you're intentions are or if you derive some sense of superiority from being the head of the PC community or if confused sexual disposition makes you feel attacked but almost every one of your posts is predictable drivel without a semblance of an original thought. If you truly are an ally to minorities, you aren't doing them any favors on here. From the time I was a freshman at Wake until now, I've volunteered at underprivileged schools and am very involved in the First Tee. It's not on my resume and I do it because I enjoy it and hope that I'm helping plus I like golf and want others to get the same satisfaction I enough from it. Rather than being professionally offended and the queen of the PC movement on the OGboards, why don't you do something to help those that so desperately need you to fight for them (in your mind)? A little tact and a lot less arrogance will help. Before someone calls me arrogant, the difference is I'm not ramming my throbbing agenda down guys throats in hopes they swallow it.

Is this a message board? Are we supposed to discuss our opinions? This isn't Russia. Is this Russia?

I do much less attacking than many, many other posters on here. You seem to have some weird fascination with me and my posts though.

Homosexuals identify themselves as one gender, and are sexually attracted to that same gender (i.e - a male attracted to other males).

Transgenders identify themselves as a different gender than they are physically. They can be homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual in terms of the sexual attractions (i.e - a woman born physically male who is attracted to women would be a transgendered lesbian).

And no, it's likely she's not mentally ill. It's more likely, that unlike you and the vast majority of humans, she lost the genetic lottery and had her gender and sexual orientation mixed up long before she was even born. What on earth could her attempts to live a more "normal" life in accordance with her mental concept of herself possibly be doing to you or to anyone else?

If she can find peace and happiness with herself and her body, more power to her. And huge respect for the service she provided her country even while working through these things.

I see. I should have kept reading to keep my ignorance hidden. That makes sense.

The nuance between gender identity confusion and other forms of mental illness is asking too much of some people, which I can understand. It's a vexing biological issue, but dysmorphia is closer to depression or anorexia than psychosis.

Qwerty has such a weird crush on bbd, too.

The nuance between gender identity confusion and other forms of mental illness is asking too much of some people, which I can understand. It's a vexing biological issue, but dysmorphia is closer to depression or anorexia than psychosis.

Qwerty has such a weird crush on bbd, too.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, one could be born male, and I'm not sure how to tactfully word this, but have no effeminate type features/behaviors, even though they are biologically female? Or are they biologically a male but genetically a female? Confusing stuff.

Can you BE less sensitive?

Meh. It is a mental problem. We consider the people who want to cut their arm off crazy, but most non-mouthbreathers think it's okay to cut off your dick? It's a bizarre duality.

Meh. It is a mental problem. We consider the people who want to cut their arm off crazy, but most non-mouthbreathers think it's okay to cut off your dick? It's a bizarre duality.

It can be a mental health issue and people can still be insensitive to it. As often is the case with issues of gender and sexuality, the people who have the biggest problems with it ethically/morally tend to have deep seated conflicts themselves.

And what is it, 1987? Who uses the term "politically correct" anymore? I think most people are able to either be apathetic or empathetic without either turning into a 7th grader (qwerty) or turing downright hateful (ELC).

I'm not offended by those who are professionally offended by every conceivable slight to minority groups. I don't really give a shit but I think it's pathetic and counterproductive.

I worked with a transgendered dude (idk if that's the right phrase and frankly I don't give a fuck) he was a big shot in finance and make about $4m/year. No one on his desk gave a shit so long as he got his job done but the PC police had a field day because some guys would bust his, um, lady balls. They didn't realize that everyone on the desk busted each others balls for everything.

To LK's point, I have no problem with the LBQT community and I think it's sick that the government interferes in their lives. I do have a problem with guys who are obviously gay but pretend to be straight and drag girls into their mess. To me, that's disgusting.

I heard an interview with Bob Costas and he talked about just how political correctness was hurting minorities in sports since the PC crowd viewed everything through the lens of race and sexuality; not what the person accomplished or if they were a decent individual. Posters on here who cry racism, sexism and discrimination against the LBQT completely miss the point. Rather than bitch and moan at every perceived slight, you should be celebrating the accomplishments of these individuals not because they're minorities but because they've overcome adversity and succeeded. The PC police on here (RJ, BBD, etc.) do a huge disservice to the groups they're defending. They marginalize their accomplishments and can't have an honest discussion about shortfallings in those communities.

I'm not a psychologist but I imagine the people who get offended at everything have serious personal issues. Think about groups like Jewish Americans and Irish-Americans who faced tremendous discrimination and did very little complaining and are now extremely successful.

Let's be real, that's not true

Living in the Bay Area you're used to hearing about LGBT issues and some of them are more than a little confusing. One of the Lt Fire Chiefs in SF was in a lesbian relationship. Her partner had a sex change and the couple stayed together. Not clear to me that the Fire Chief was a lesbian if she stayed in the relationship after her partner became a man. Doesn't affect me in any way, I just don't understand the dynamics in play there. I also don't get what legal issues bisexuals face? I get the legal issues for LG&T, but don't understand under what circumstances bixsexuals face discrimination.

All that being said, an encounter with an obvious pre-op transexual a few years crystallized my views on their situation. Was in downtown SF after having lunch with one of my friends. We'd had a few pops and saw this guy approaching. He was 6' 5"/250 (as big as an NFL linebacker) and he was dressed in a skirt, had his legs shaved, and was wearing a ton of makeup. After he passed, we turned to each other with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. Guy was probably in his mid-30s, so it wasn't fraternity hazing. A lot of counseling is required and you have to live in another gender for a fair amount of time before they make the switch. Nobody's going to go through that much hassle unless they genuinely feel they're living in the wrong gender.

To clarify, in pointing out ELC's insensitivity it was mostly that I was incredulous at the manner in which he was asking questions. Sure, it's a confusing issue for an all-around straight person to comprehend... but holy cow. If you actually, legitimately want answers you've GOT to do a better job asking than what he did. The tone, the phrasing, the language - hardly indicative of someone interested in learning, and more like someone who just wants to continue to point and stare.
It IS insensitive, as this is clearly a real issue that people face, and it's no walk in the park. Attitudes and comments like his make it entirely unsurprising that persons dealing with these types of issues tend to keep their struggle quiet.

as for qwerty... if nobody ever pointed out that things others are doing are wrong or insensitive, i'd be willing to bet there'd be a lot more ignorance spewing out of people's mouths. If I hear some kid saying "that's so gay", I say something... because who knows what young gay kid is in or around that group and continues to feel that he can never come out and be accepted based on the language choices of his peers. it's not a 'holier than thou' correction, it's looking out for people who may not be ready or able to say something for themselves.

Back