• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A wet dream for conservatives

True, centralized power can be just as dangerous as decentralized power. In the end, you have to strike a careful balance to avoid both the tyranny of the few and tyranny of the masses. That's what the Founding Fathers did so successfully.

here here

fredgraph.png

35%

of course we would. as thinking men and women, we would devise a fair system within which we all shit until we felt content and satisfied. Our shit would be collectively dealt with so as not to harm our children or ourselves or cause us discomfort. We would all throw a little of our gold into the pot to pay for our shit to be dealt with.

Last edited:
Total Government Spending
in the United States
Federal, State, and Local
-5yr -1yr Fiscal Year 2012 +1yr +5yr

Government Pensions 7% GDP
Government Health Care + 7% GDP
Government Education + 6% GDP
National Defense + 6% GDP
Government Welfare + 4% GDP
All Other Spending + 11% GDP
Total Government Spending 40% GDP
Federal Deficit + 9% GDP

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/percent_gdp

I can't get the chart in here.

Last edited:
Total government spending at all levels may be different from "current" spending. The Fed obfuscates often. Whether it is 36% or 40%, it is too much and it will get greater.

Do you think the Federal Reserve does not obfuscate? They are certainly not transparent. I really think that maybe "current spending" leaves out something, but I don't know that.

It's partly so high (record highs, even) because we have a persistent unemployment problem, and most mainstream economists believe that fiscal and monetary expansion can alleviate unemployment caused by a "needless" drop in aggregate demand. Hence we get fiscal expansion (GEXPND/GDP rising and maintaining high levels).

fredgraph.png

Last edited:
Hmm the first issue with Wake-colored charts appears. Might have to go to gray text if I'm using two series. Gold and yellow can be somewhat garish on the black background.

I can't figure it out totally, but it looks to me like "current spending" does not include "government investment" that total does. I am no expert. Either way, its too much spending for me.

Back