• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A wet dream for conservatives

If he's a venture capitalist, he should put a couple million on Romney at In Trade and more than double his money. Not many investments he can make now will pay 150-200% return in five months.

That couldn't have been more delusional even if it was posted here.

that dude is an idiot. and to the OP, I don't see how watching the world around us descending into chaos is anyone's wet dream.

Republicans screw things up to get their way. Make government dysfunctional, people want less government. Take money from public schools/make some schools fail, people want school choice.

Failure to force more money out of the taxpayers to "fund" government schools is most definitely not the reason they are failing miserably. They are cesspools of waste and corruption and should have been eliminated long ago when their failure first became obvious.

sm_pupil.gif

government schools are about as good as the neighborhoods they are located in.

Imagine that.

If the pubs stopped pulling their extremist crap, they'd win in a landslide.

Examples...and don't say birthers because that's like saying Rev Wright represents the Democrats.

The US public education system is for everyone. You start making it private, then those with lower incomes or disabilities get screwed.

A recent bill by the NC GOP wants to allow corporations to divert all of their state tax dollars to fund scholarships for low income students to attend private schools. The scholarships would be in the amount of $4,000 which is about $1,500 less than the average cost of private schools. Where are these low income families going to get that extra money from? Why are we letting corporations decide how to spend their tax dollars?

I agree that the schools could run efficiently with the current level of spending, but that would require an entirely new pedagogy. The school "reform" of high stakes testing and competition is very inefficient, and to be completed successfully, will require much more money. We've gone that route for two decades, and it has been a waste of time, money and effort.

All students, especially those with disabilities and those from lower income families, would benefit from the elimination of government schools. They are chamberpots of vomit sickening all of our children.

Examples...and don't say birthers because that's like saying Rev Wright represents the Democrats.

North Carolina Amendment 1 is a great example of extremism in my mind. It takes advanced and deep levels of ignorance and/or hate to support legislation of this ilk. I know the mainstream Republican party is essentially lukewarm on this issue at best, but that's the type of extremism that has turned me off for about a decade, along with plenty of other social conservatism. Tea Partiers represent a type of fiscal extremism at times, but that doesn't bother me nearly as much.

How many people who speak like Rev. Wright have been elected to Congress? There are several birthers in Congress.

There is no on the left as extremist and crazy as either Steve King or Alan West.

Making laws that the sea level won't rise more than 8 inches in the next hundred years.

Making it illegal to say "gay".

Making it illegal to hold hands.

Playing chicken with the debt ceiling.

Immigrants are dogs.

Most dems in Congress are Communists.

Life begins two weeks before conception.

Vaginal ultrasounds.

Protecting teachers who question global warming and evolution.

Limiting state welfare to a 48 month lifetime limit mostly harming children.

Voter registration laws.

Anti Sharia Law laws.

Relaxing gun laws.

etc...

Well since there are more than one birther and just one Rev Wright, I'm going to call BS, Go. They're fringe, but when Donald Trump is pushing a birther agenda up 'til the primary, it's a lot bigger than Rev Wright ever was to anyone outside of FOX News.

Back