• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Curry on OTL now

I don't think that people disliked Howard because of his political views. It was how he expressed it that drew ire. If basketball didn't exist Howard would never have touched foot on campus.

True of almost all football and basketball players.

Tim Tebow would probably not qualify for Wake. The same crowd that hates Howard would not hate Tebus.

Tim Tebow would probably not qualify for Wake. The same crowd that hates Howard would not hate Tebus.

You would be correct. One said, and I quote, "The Star-Spangled Banner's going on right now and I don't even celebrate that s--t."

The other did not. So, you are correct.

This doesn't even make sense unless you mean other athletes.

He's referring to legacy kids. I love Wake and pimp Wake academics hard but Wake isn't Princeton, Harvard or Penn. Legacy kids don't get the same advantage they do at the super elite schools.

He's referring to legacy kids. I love Wake and pimp Wake academics hard but Wake isn't Princeton, Harvard or Penn. Legacy kids don't get the same advantage they do at the super elite schools.

Yes, no way the disparity between "regular" and legacy standards is nearly as big as that between "regular" and athletics.

Also mildly retarded

Whatever. Point is that isn't a valid criticism of Howard. You can talk about degrees but, again, the majority of football and basketball athletes would not be admitted under regular standards and many are probably much closer to Howard and Johnson than a typical applicant.

Whatever. Point is that isn't a valid criticism of Howard. You can talk about degrees but, again, the majority of football and basketball athletes would not be admitted under regular standards and many are probably much closer to Howard and Johnson than a typical applicant.

These guys couldn't crack 800 on the SATs. The majority of football and basketball players can. 800 isn't a score any adult should have.

Does anyone have documentation showing our entrance standards for football? Common sense says we have almost no standards.

Pretty sure Wake standard for athletes entrance is to score a 950 SAT. The GPA standard is supposedly 3.0... but I don't buy that, I am sure it is somewhat flexible.

Who exactly?

This doesn't even make sense unless you mean other athletes.

I was talking about students who came to Wake instead of Davidson, Emory, or Richmond, etc because Wake plays big-time college basketball.

What do legacies have to do with this?

Last edited:
I was talking about students who came to Wake instead of Davidson, Emory, or Richmond, etc because Wake plays big-time college basketball.

What do legacies have to do with this?

Oh so you meant it in a completely different way than the original meaning.

Back