• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Judge - New HR Champ

Not sure your point but no problem.
Yanks have won 26 World Series, 40 AL pennants and 19 Division titles
Clemens had 1 WS, 2 AL Pennants and 1 Div Title with the Yanks.
AROD had 1 WS, 1 AL Pennant. 6 Division Titles.
Small % wouldn’t you say? How many did Bonds win? McGwire, Sosa?
This doesn't answer the question. If we are to discard Bond's records for career HRs and HRs in a season, as well as McGwire's and Sosa's HR totals, should the following be asterisked as well?

2009 WS w/ juiced ARod

2000 WS w/ juiced Clemens, Knoblauch, Canseco, Justice, Pettitte

1999 WS w/ juiced Clemens, Knoblauch, Pettitte

1998 WS w/ juiced Knoblauch, Pettitte

1996 WS w/ juiced Pettitte

These are just some of the guys listed in the Mitchell Report. I think we can agree there were others that were never caught because of how pervasive PED use was, and probably still is, in the MLB.

It's not about haters hating. Personally, I believe that the Yankees won these championships and they should clearly count. What everyone is calling out is that it's hypocritical to shit on what Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, et al did while also pulling the 27 rings shtick.

Didn't Andy Pettitte admit to using HGH? We might as well wipe out their 90's wins.

Edit: Frosty beat me to it.

Ohtani is the greatest player in the modern era of baseball, but we care more about someone who just placed 7th on the homerun list.
If Ohtani played for the Yankees there would be incessant GOAT conversations. They'd already have the plaque up in Monument Park.

Real baseball fans also know the AL MVP this season should be Ohtani.
And that says it all: you know shit about baseball. MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.
Say it slowly to yourself three times over.
Y'all just hate the Yankees. I get it. Brave fans still lamenting how they got an ass whipping Yankees gave them years ago.

How many World Series have the Yankees won in the last 50 years with rosters that didn’t have guys on steroids?

I mean you could ask that about most teams from the 80s to maybe 2010. Let's not forget that the Red Sox had Manny Ramirez (and Curt Schilling who admitted to PEDs) on at least two of their WSC, including arguably the most important one in 100 years.

FFS, it is a great accomplishment. Is it the biggest, maybe not, but it is worth the fan-fare. Judge is arguably the first to beat 61 juice free.

This doesn't answer the question. If we are to discard Bond's records for career HRs and HRs in a season, as well as McGwire's and Sosa's HR totals, should the following be asterisked as well?

2009 WS w/ juiced ARod

2000 WS w/ juiced Clemens, Knoblauch, Canseco, Justice, Pettitte

1999 WS w/ juiced Clemens, Knoblauch, Pettitte

1998 WS w/ juiced Knoblauch, Pettitte

1996 WS w/ juiced Pettitte

These are just some of the guys listed in the Mitchell Report. I think we can agree there were others that were never caught because of how pervasive PED use was, and probably still is, in the MLB.

It's not about haters hating. Personally, I believe that the Yankees won these championships and they should clearly count. What everyone is calling out is that it's hypocritical to shit on what Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, et al did while also pulling the 27 rings shtick.
You seemed to have missed this post @DeacsPop.

You seemed to have missed this post @DeacsPop.
He's dodging it because he knows to be logically consistent he needs to either:

A) Acknowledge that Yankees on championship teams juiced, but accept these championships as legitimate and legitimize Bond's records.

B) Acknowlede that Yankees on championship teams juiced and these championships should be vacated, along with the Bonds, McGwire, Sosa HR counts, giving Judge the record.

Or I guess C) which is shouting 27 rings and accusing everyone of being jelly of the Yankees.

RE: B, don't forget Sosa also used a corked bat

He's dodging it because he knows to be logically consistent he needs to either:

A) Acknowledge that Yankees on championship teams juiced, but accept these championships as legitimate and legitimize Bond's records.

B) Acknowlede that Yankees on championship teams juiced and these championships should be vacated, along with the Bonds, McGwire, Sosa HR counts, giving Judge the record.

Or I guess C) which is shouting 27 rings and accusing everyone of being jelly of the Yankees.
You Braves fans need to quit lamenting the the ass whooping the Yanks gave y'all.

I'm just lost where we went from debating individual juicers to now, whole Teams. If you'd like, ban and take the rings from ALL the Teams juicing, say '94-'14, do it.
I have no use for anyone juicing, no matter the Team. Just be sure you cleanse all the individual records as well and crown Judge the ALL TIME single season HR Leader. Case closed.

Last edited:
I'm just lost where we went from debating individual juicers to now, whole Teams. If you'd like, ban and take the rings from ALL the Teams juicing, say '94-'14, do it.
I have no use for anyone juicing, no matter the Team. Just be sure you cleanse all the individual records as well and crown Judge the ALL TIME HR Leader. Case closed.
except Judge probably juiced in the off-season when there was no testing. Oops!

Y'all just hate the Yankees. I get it. Brave fans still lamenting how they got an ass whipping Yankees gave them years ago.
Assuming this is directed mostly at me since I have the Acuña as my profile picture.

It's amusing that you think I'm upset over something that happened in the 1990s, when I was a toddler. I only have memory of one Yankees World Series win and one Braves World Series win, so as far as I'm concerned we are equally as successful! Enjoy reminiscing about something that happened 25 years ago though, I'm sure you think on it daily.

Yes. Everyone hates the Yankees. This is not a new thing.

I have no use for anyone juicing, no matter the Team. Just be sure you cleanse all the individual records as well and crown Judge the ALL TIME HR Leader. Case closed.
So you’re saying you don’t celebrate nor count the WS Yankee wins from that era?

crown Judge the ALL TIME HR Leader. Case closed.
1665068845342.png

Well actually in all time HRs he is in 308th place. Just passed Shin-Soo Choo and about to pass George Springer though!

So you’re saying you don’t celebrate nor count the WS Yankee wins from that era?
I'm saying if you want to eliminate the entire juicing era, teams an
Geez, you guys are worse than a toothache.
What I'm saying if you want to eliminate all Team and individual records from the so called "steroid era", it's fine with me.

Back