• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Judge - New HR Champ

Yankees gonna give Judge the gigantic Pujols contract and tank their payroll for the next decade.

I'm a real baseball fan and don't give a fuck about this "record". It's bullshit. MLB and ESPN trying to disassociate from the steriod era. It can't be done. It was an accepted part of baseball during the late 80s, all of the 90s and early 00s and the MLB turned a blind eye. Fuck off with all this asterisks in front of records shit. There has been some type of PED issue in every era.
I feel like media and the general audience weren't even talking about roids in the Sosa/McGwire/Bonds years. We all just sat back and marveled at Sosa and McGwire's competition. And then several years later, everyone was like, yeah, hmmmmmm, followed by evidence coming out.

If Judge is truly clean, this is the damage Sosa/McGwire/Bonds did to the game. Every power accolade is under a cloud of suspicion.

The records should only count if you look like a random guy from the streets, drink hard liquor daily, and smoke cigarettes. All modern players are out.

I feel like media and the general audience weren't even talking about roids in the Sosa/McGwire/Bonds years. We all just sat back and marveled at Sosa and McGwire's competition. And then several years later, everyone was like, yeah, hmmmmmm, followed by evidence coming out.

If Judge is truly clean, this is the damage Sosa/McGwire/Bonds did to the game. Every power accolade is under a cloud of suspicion.
Unlike the good ol' days with hard earned records by players who checks notes only had to compete against one race of people.

I would bet my social security check this month that you haven’t watched more than 3 baseball games this year. Real baseball fans respect what the Yankees have accomplished in their long and storied history. And know their fans know baseball.
Haters will always hate.
This is why nobody likes Yankees fans btw. Being arrogant to the degree of declaring that you can only be a "real" fan if you have respect for the Yankees is so asinine it's laughable.

A lot of people don't care at all about what the Yankees did 30+ years ago, and it doesn't make them less of a modern day baseball fan. You don't have to have deep knowledge and appreciation for things that happened in the 1930s and 40s to enjoy baseball today.

22 out of the 27 rings that you brag about came before 1979. There's kids in college that have only seen the Yankees win 1 World Series in their lifetime. Since 9/11, the Yankees have the same number of championships as the Marlins and Royals and probably averaged a payroll 200% higher than those teams in that time frame.

I would bet my social security check this month that you haven’t watched more than 3 baseball games this year. Real baseball fans respect what the Yankees have accomplished in their long and storied history. And know their fans know baseball.
Haters will always hate.
This is ridiculous.

I don't pay for ESPN+ but the snippet included in the tweet is enough that I thought it worth posting

I know almost nothing about what's going on in MLB today but I like Jeff Passan. Seems like a real good dude and seems like he knows his stuff (about something I don't follow anymore).

The next paragraph was pretty good too:

“This is where the dishonesty and illogic enter the fray, where opinions overwhelm facts, where bliss is sought through ignorance. Cheating courses through the game's veins across generations. Apply Maris' reasoning to championships, and the last five Yankees championships are dirty. Four reported or penalized PED users in 2009, 10 players from 2000 named in the Mitchell Report, half a dozen in 1999, three in '98, a pair in '96 -- the Yankees' last "clean" championship would be in 1978, and even then the notion of a "clean" clubhouse, free of the amphetamines that pervaded the game for decades, is specious.”

The next paragraph was pretty good too:

“This is where the dishonesty and illogic enter the fray, where opinions overwhelm facts, where bliss is sought through ignorance. Cheating courses through the game's veins across generations. Apply Maris' reasoning to championships, and the last five Yankees championships are dirty. Four reported or penalized PED users in 2009, 10 players from 2000 named in the Mitchell Report, half a dozen in 1999, three in '98, a pair in '96 -- the Yankees' last "clean" championship would be in 1978, and even then the notion of a "clean" clubhouse, free of the amphetamines that pervaded the game for decades, is specious.”
Wait wait wait. I can use Yankee logic against them to say that their championships aren't even legitimate? Count me in! Aaron Judge is the champ!!

I mean, you're acting like this is a new phenomenon. It took Bagwell 7 years to get into the HoF because his build/body type seemed like someone's who might have used roids (despite never being implicated), while guys like Piazza and Thome got in no questions asked (edit: less so Piazza, I guess, forgot it took him 4 tries).

To be clear, I think you put 'em all in (including, and especially, Bonds/Clemens), but self-righteous OWGs decided they suddenly had the ability to detect roid usage years ago

Last edited:
Haters will always hate.
this is legitimately one of the funniest posts I've ever read on these here rjkarl boards

I don't check into baseball until the playoffs. And even then, unless my Red Sox are in it, I'm paying minimal attention.

I don't check into baseball until the playoffs. And even then, unless my Red Sox are in it, I'm paying minimal attention.

I feel like this represents a lot of sports fans, especially those who watch college football religiously on Saturdays.

Judge is clean. I want to declare him the HR champ. I hate the cheaters. But if MLB wanted to hype this so much then they needed to disown those numbers. Who cares that it’s the 7th most record? No one.
This is where I am

I am no Yankees fan but think Judge has had an amazing season and deserves the hype. That being said I cant unsee what I personally watched in McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds. Juiced or not those guys were cranking home runs at a ridiculous rate and the MLB loved it (and lets not pretend pitchers werent doing stuff too). And until the MLB tells me those records dont matter, then Judge is 7th to me

Back