• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ABC mafia game ends by 130 friday

Good game blue. That was a good day 1

Day 1 I was MIA. Had a prior commitment that I could have worked around with a long overnight first day, or an early start to day 1. But neither happened. I probably would have been AA'd the short day two if it wasn't the long one.

Good game and good finish by Tejas. Rommy clearing Tejas was probably the most detrimental thing to the civs. Once you go through the game assuming someone is a civ, it is VERY difficult to go back and change that mindset. Especially when you're building suspicion on everyone else.

Without that clearing by Rommy, Tejas should have been a prime suspect after his overtime switch. And a clear lynch after it showed up Smidge was mafia. The point of creating ties is to force action, especially in early rounds where little else is known. Civs should not be breaking those ties because truth is, they don't have enough information to warrant it. Rather, force mafia to either accept an RNG or make a move.

Once smidge died and showed up as mafia, Tejas needs to be lynched. Sure, it's possible a civ was making a hero (-EV) play but when it's confirmed that move saved a mafia, the person needs to be lynched.

This in some sense is very true. But rommy was also right that in smidge and I as teammates wouldn't take simultaneous shots there

Day 1 I was MIA. Had a prior commitment that I could have worked around with a long overnight first day, or an early start to day 1. But neither happened. I probably would have been AA'd the short day two if it wasn't the long one.

Ya I meant game

Also...I know I've stated this before but especially in these 1-off games, everyone should get a PM.

Even if everyone shows up...and even if no one mentions it during the thread...too much thinking goes into who was active early on and probably got a PM, who wasn't, is mafia playing it off, etc.

The amount of effort is minimal and makes a significant difference.

This in some sense is very true. But rommy was also right that in smidge and I as teammates wouldn't take simultaneous shots there
Once Smidge showed up as mafia, I read the situation as Smidge actually wasnt around at the end of the round (otherwise he woulda kill shotted earlier), which means he probably wasn't in chatzy either, and led to you make the killshot thinking he wasn't around.

Once Smidge showed up as mafia, I read the situation as Smidge actually wasnt around at the end of the round (otherwise he woulda kill shotted earlier), which means he probably wasn't in chatzy either, and led to you make the killshot thinking he wasn't around.

That's fair and was true

image1.png

Rommy I actually think that play was the right one

I just think you should have admitted it next day

Rommy I actually think that play was the right one

I just think you should have admitted it next day

i agree. admit it and then own dv7 for his terrible reaction that was so bad i went around the orbit and came around to no way is he that bad at being mafia. turns out he was that good? i shudder

Once Rommy cleared Tejas, and Gouda followed that, I wasn't really looking at him that hard. Obviously that was my mistake.

Manning, with the "give up" and vote miscounts near the end didn't help the civ cause. I wasn't sure if they were mafia attempts to mislead or just an honest mistake with a bleak analysis of the situation.

Maybe the view of the situation is that coming from Kansas, they are used to having big odds and winning. Coming from Wake, I'm still an optimist that low odds can be overcome.

Civs needed to have two correct lynches back to back. Not good odds, but its better than game over with five people left.

i agree. admit it and then own dv7 for his terrible reaction that was so bad i went around the orbit and came around to no way is he that bad at being mafia. turns out he was that good? i shudder

I'm so used to your poetry I was convinced you were civ trying to give the watcher a freebie

did you and smidge both plan to vote at the end of d2?

No. Nonny was right. He wasn't around. So I voted. He happened to pop in at same time

He was RB felt like I had to, though probably should have let it be

Once Rommy cleared Tejas, and Gouda followed that, I wasn't really looking at him that hard. Obviously that was my mistake.

Manning, with the "give up" and vote miscounts near the end didn't help the civ cause. I wasn't sure if they were mafia attempts to mislead or just an honest mistake with a bleak analysis of the situation.

Maybe the view of the situation is that coming from Kansas, they are used to having big odds and winning. Coming from Wake, I'm still an optimist that low odds can be overcome.

Civs needed to have two correct lynches back to back. Not good odds, but its better than game over with five people left.

I played like shit. Sorry for making it more confusing than it should've been for your first game.

Manning is manning. He's his own man. You'll find everyone's e-persona shines through after you play a few games.

Keep playin, you played very well for your first game

Back