• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

At best it is short term. If a bill is actually passed (which is uncertain) and implementation begins, Dems will have a big "i told you so campaign" ready to go for the 2020 election as millions of people are being dumped off insurance rolls and the premiums are going way up for those still on. The Pubs are hosed on this long term because you simply cannot have a insurance system the is required to cover pre-existing conditions while not creating a massive pool of customers to spread the insurance providers risk with out escalating the costs of insurance.

Make premiums go down for the Group Market and the Pubs will be saying "I told you so" to a majority of the country.

Doesn't the CBO get things wrong like all the time? Isn't that why Obamacare "Is a disaster"

Obamacare is a "disaster" for people who wanted it to be.

Doesn't the CBO get things wrong like all the time? Isn't that why Obamacare "Is a disaster"

Well I'm sure you know that the CBO's original score was rendered before the SCOTUS ruled that Obama could not force states to expand Medicaid. They issued another score in 2012 (https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/f...eports/43472-07-24-2012-coverageestimates.pdf) that you can go through.

Just read the article from USA Today for your answer to the question (if you really actually care).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ate-were-cbos-obamacare-predictions/99157846/

Don't mind him. He's just flailing again.

It must be tough when your party just did what you've spent years falsely accusing your opponents of doing.

Make premiums go down for the Group Market and the Pubs will be saying "I told you so" to a majority of the country.

How do you do that? I don't see how you mandate that the insurance companies have to cover preexisting conditions without increasing the number of healthy people that purchase insurance and not expect the premiums to go up.

How do you do that? I don't see how you mandate that the insurance companies have to cover preexisting conditions without increasing the number of healthy people that purchase insurance and not expect the premiums to go up.

It's easy. Sell shitty plans for cheap.

don't mandate private industry to do something that forces them to lose money.

Or for anyone who cares about a decade of lost and stagnant wages.

LOL. You blame ACA for that? If employers wanted to pay workers instead of pocketing profits, wages wouldn't be lost and stagnant.

don't mandate private industry to do something that forces them to lose money.

Trump's campaign promise was to retain the pre-existing condition mandates but get rid of the horrible ACA. Republicans are stuck.

LOL. You blame ACA for that? If employers wanted to pay workers instead of pocketing profits, wages wouldn't be lost and stagnant.

Employers want to keep their profits at a same % of the good ole days, at least. Thanks to all the regulations, the only way they can is to pay workers less. Seems you tend to like regulations, so you have a lot to do with the problem as well, I should have clarified.

Employers want to keep their profits at a same % of the good ole days, at least. Thanks to all the regulations, the only way they can is to pay workers less. Seems you tend to like regulations, so you have a lot to do with the problem as well, I should have clarified.

Which regulations are the main culprit?

Obamacare is a "disaster" for people who wanted it to be.

I get your broader point but its a disaster for people making over 400% of the FPL. A family of 4 paying $22,000 for insurance is a disaster. Pre ACA it was closer to $8,000. This needs to be repeated over and over again.

Trumpcare doesn't fix this but the ACA created it.

That being said, Id venture 95% of people complaining about the ACA have not been impacted by it or impacted just at the margins.

I get your broader point but its a disaster for people making over 400% of the FPL. A family of 4 paying $22,000 for insurance is a disaster. Pre ACA it was closer to $8,000. This needs to be repeated over and over again.

Trumpcare doesn't fix this but the ACA created it.

That being said, Id venture 95% of people complaining about the ACA have not been impacted by it or impacted just at the margins.

You will find no defense from me that the ACA is infallible. A lot of it needs to be changed. A lot can be attributed to the changes that the GOP required, or the Republican led states that didn't vote to expand Medicaid, but there are a lot of issues with the ACA.

The answer is not to repeal it and replace it with a system that has not been figured out yet, or a system that has been objectively determined to be worse than the ACA is now.

You will find no defense from me that the ACA is infallible. A lot of it needs to be changed. A lot can be attributed to the changes that the GOP required, or the Republican led states that didn't vote to expand Medicaid, but there are a lot of issues with the ACA.

The answer is not to repeal it and replace it with a system that has not been figured out yet, or a system that has been objectively determined (by the people who don't have to pay for it) to be worse than the ACA is now.

FIFY

Back