• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

There's a special place in hell for McCain to take taxpayer paid healthcare for his brain tumor, only to fly halfway across the country to start the repealing of the ACA, which will strip health care from millions, without a clue of what will replace it.

John McCain is a disabled, retired veteran. I am not sure this is your best post.

bgza9.gif

oh, so vets don't get tax payer funded healthcare? interesting

No, they don't get it. They earned it. I'm trying to think of a worse example for you clowns to use than John McCain to prove this point; can't.

Well even without that, as an old there is government subsidized healthcare he could still get.

No, they don't get it. They earned it. I'm trying to think of a worse example for you clowns to use than John McCain to prove this point; can't.

I am grateful that he served America.

I am not grateful that he was the deciding vote on a very important healthcare decision that begins the repeal of a law that, if replaced, will be replaced with something that to this point has been proven demonstrably worse for millions of America.

The irony that he doesn't have to deal with the healthcare system that he is deciding on while he receives treatment for brain cancer is an entirely different matter.

Yeah if McCain had the non existent healthcare that the millions upon millions of people the GOP wants to have, or the its healthcare it totally counts even though it covers nothing Cruz wants people to have then his cancer would never be discovered and he would either die in his sleep in 6 months or have a catastrophic emergency where they discover his symptoms are the result of undiagnosed cancer and give him 2 weeks to live.

I am grateful that he served America.

I am not grateful that he was the deciding vote on a very important healthcare decision that begins the repeal of a law that, if replaced, will be replaced with something that to this point has been proven demonstrably worse for millions of America.

The irony that he doesn't have to deal with the healthcare system that he is deciding on while he receives treatment for brain cancer is an entirely different matter.

You mean, besides the part where you just damned him to hell?

Interesting when you choose to defend Senator McCain and when you don't.

By the by, I don't really have a problem with his vote. I think the process is stupid, and it is clear your party has no idea what to do about healthcare. But as a Senator, he can cast whatever vote he chooses.

Except your company, which, in the face of the regulations facing every other company, is somehow "killing it" sufficiently that it can pay for all of its employee's healthcare costs. A situation you described as not that hard when "you don't have pointless meetings all day."

So exactly what is your complaint with Obamacare? It hasn't seemingly affected your company whatsoever.

We're killing it because we're better and no one else can afford to keep their top talent because they're pissing off their employees by deducting $500/mo from their paychecks, something they only recently started to do, and pretty much everyone (rightfully or not) is blaming Obamacare.

You mean, besides the part where you just damned him to hell?

That's a colloquialism for an atheist. Don't take it so seriously.

If you got 1/100th as worked up over people dying due to lack of healthcare as you just did over a flippant comment towards a veteran then we would be in a better place. Do better.

Because she allegedly was a hard no on the bill. Why waste time debating something you know will harm your state?

So now people aren't even able to debate a change? This is a pretty terrible take.

So now people aren't even able to debate a change? This is a pretty terrible take.

Palma, can you write 3 things that this vote changed today and the impact it could have? Just 3 bullet points about what today means.

Palma, can you write 3 things that this vote changed today and the impact it could have? Just 3 bullet points about what today means.

Before no one was debating healthcare, now we are.
It will also be out in the open rather than in committee , which seems good
Trump delivered a huge political victory which will give him 4 more years.

lol ok; guy takes government job(s) and gets compensated by taxpayers and then votes strenuously to cut tax funded benefits to taxpayers

Before no one was debating healthcare, now we are.
It will also be out in the open rather than in committee , which seems good
Trump delivered a huge political victory which will give him 4 more years.

1. What?
2. This is reasonable.
3. What?

1. What?
2. This is reasonable.
3. What?

1) No one in congress was debating it on the floor
3) You can't possibly be this dense. Trump just beat the shit out of congress and got something done, which outside of anything to do with Russia, was something the media was taking him to task on, bigly. That's why he's having a gloating press conference now, his first in months.

1. Clearly semantics. We have been talking healthcare for years/decades now. To say that today's vote helps bring debate to healthcare is asinine.
3. We clearly just disagree on this.

Back