• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Heller caved. Ditto for Portman, but that's not really a surprise.

Heller is a weasel...This could get him primaried by a friend of Sandoval. The governor has a lot more power over Heller than Trump.

He caved because he's afraid of a Steve Wynn-funded primary challenger.

Shelley Moore "I didn't come to DC to hurt people" Capito has also caved. Two weeks ago:

But if Capito is feeling the heat in a state that Trump won by more than 42 percentage points, she isn’t showing it. Back here in West Virginia, where more than 30 percent of families rely on Medicaid, she doesn’t hesitate at the prospect of casting the vote that kills the GOP’s repeal effort.

“I only see it through the lens of a vulnerable population who needs help, who I care about very deeply,” the 63-year-old lawmaker said in an interview. “So that gives me strength. If I have to be that one person, I will be it.”

Edit:

Last edited:
@palma --- why do you think most folks in rural areas are against Obamacare?

I don't think it's their impressive knowledge of the ins and outs of the Affordable Care Act that allowed them to run estimates to determine if they were getting good coverage or not.

Because most people are covered on a group plan and companies have had to shift costs to their employees by taking more out of their paychecks due to the premium hikes.

He caved because he's afraid of a Steve Wynn-funded primary challenger.

Shelley Moore "I didn't come to DC to hurt people" Capito has also caved. Two weeks ago:

Edit:

coward!

All they're doing is agreeing to debate, why does doing that make someone a coward?

Because most people are covered on a group plan and companies have had to shift costs to their employees by taking more out of their paychecks due to the premium hikes.

Except your company, which, in the face of the regulations facing every other company, is somehow "killing it" sufficiently that it can pay for all of its employee's healthcare costs. A situation you described as not that hard when "you don't have pointless meetings all day."

So exactly what is your complaint with Obamacare? It hasn't seemingly affected your company whatsoever.

Palma, why have rural companies group plans increased in cost?

They aren't voting to agree to debate. They are voting to avoid the debate. By voting on a MTP they are saying we don't need to have hearings, we don't need to have experts weigh in, we don't need to have the various amendments scored, we don't need to tell the public what we are doing, hell, we don't even need to know what is in this bill that could affects millions of lives, jobs, and 1/6 of the economy before we vote on it... we're good.

Last edited:
Lisa Murkowski is the second no.

John McCain rushed back from a brain tumor diagnosis to cast a vote that will lead to millions losing their health insurance.

And once again, Rand Paul proves he doesn't have 1/100 the backbone is father did.

Last edited:
John McCain rushed back from a brain tumor diagnosis to cast a vote that will lead to millions losing their health insurance.

And now he's on the floor giving a speech decrying partisanship and tribalism.

Edit: Seriously, he just railed on nonsense procedural tricks (like the one he just voted for.)

Edit 2: And now he's slamming the secrecy of the process and pushing for hearings. This speech would make sense if he had voted no.

Last edited:
McCain gives a speech telling people not to do what he just did a couple minutes ago.

There's a special place in hell for McCain to take taxpayer paid healthcare for his brain tumor, only to fly halfway across the country to start the repealing of the ACA, which will strip health care from millions, without a clue of what will replace it.

Welp. Hold on to your butts. Starting with the ORRA. As a reminder, this is the "repeal and delay" bill, that per CBO would result in 32 million fewer with insurance and doubling premiums, and make the individual market unavailable to half the country.

All they're doing is agreeing to debate, why does doing that make someone a coward?

Because she allegedly was a hard no on the bill. Why waste time debating something you know will harm your state?

Back