• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Academy Awards Thread 2017: RJ & Biff Display Stupidity, Biff Owns up to it though !

La La Land is definitely better than a couple of films that have actually won the Best Picture award.

Love this review:

when Sebastian(Gosling) complains about the dumbness of a tapas restaurant that’s also a samba club, Chazelle sets up a problem for his film that lesser directors spare themselves in their egregiousness. He raises the question of why people love crap, then answers it by making the kind of crap people love.

https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/one-word-authenticity/

Moonlight is great, y'all. That ending was crazy. Not sure why Emma Stone had to get all snotty in her press conference.

I haven't seen the other films, but Moonlight was truly beautiful.

I still need to see Hidden Figures & Fences, but as for the rest: Moonlight>Manchester by the Sea>Hell or High Water>Arrival>Lion>LalaLand>Hacksaw Ridge

If you liked Manchester by the Sea, or just generally like movies, I highly highly highly recommend You Can Count on Me, Kenneth Lonergan's first film. One of my favorite movies.

Black people/women go to work every day for a decade and do their jobs despite the oppression and do incredible things. Seen that movie before. Reminded me of "9 to 5" from the 1980's, just not as funny.

i liked hidden figures. it's not special or anything, but crowd pleasing.

also, it was the bro accountant that fucked up last night.

i liked hidden figures. it's not special or anything, but crowd pleasing.

also, it was the bro accountant that fucked up last night.

The chick didn't screw up, but probably took home $0.75 on the dollar for her troubles!

I watched Moonlight last night. The first two acts were great, riveting even. Act III was super boring and Chiron's physical transformation was a little far fetched, even if you consider where he had been. Just because you didn't like La La Land doesn't mean this movie is great. Mehershala Ali was terrific though and as gay handjob movies go, this one is probably the best.

Of the five Best Picture nominees that I've seen, I'd rank them:

Manchester by the Sea
La La Land
Moonlight
Arrival
Hidden Figures

I suspect I'd put Fences somewhere above Moonlight as well, but haven't seen it.

a take so hot he had to post it in two threads

Like Draymond said about Kyrie's statement that the earth is flat: "It's just his opinion," Green said. "It's hard to call someone's opinions crazy. That's what he thinks."

That Gary from Chicago bro did 20 years in the clink and was released on Friday.

Back