• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Academy Awards Thread 2017: RJ & Biff Display Stupidity, Biff Owns up to it though !

This whole thing would be playing out much differently today if the situation were reversed and the Moonlight folks had to hand it over to the La La folks. The Academy and PWC should almost see what happened as a relief; could have been a lot worse.

Haven't seen it, but man I can't remember such a successful Oscar film that got so much meh response in the real world.

La La Land is definitely better than a couple of films that have actually won the Best Picture award.

Rj haders love to pile on

The funny thing is the RJ completely ignored the fact that Faye Dunaway is the one who read the card and announced "La La Land" as the winner. I guess she was in on it too.

Also, I thought it was appropriate that Prince was included in the montage of dead people from 2016 because Purple Rain was a huge movie and won the Oscar for Best Original Score; but why not David Bowie who did a fair amount of acting over the course of 40 years ?

LOL all the years of publicity they've had for this engagement...vanished! Some poor manager somewhere is not looking forward to work tomorrow.

I think it's the partner's fault. He's the one up there handing out the cards and taking pics of the celebs as they come backstage.

Also, I thought it was appropriate that Prince was included in the montage of dead people from 2016 because Purple Rain was a huge movie and won the Oscar for Best Original Score; but why not David Bowie who did a fair amount of acting over the course of 40 years ?

He died in January last year. Was he recognized in last year's ceremony?

Back