• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Academy Awards Thread 2017: RJ & Biff Display Stupidity, Biff Owns up to it though !

No surprises and another year of a runaway for most awards probably.

The only movie from the major categories I've seen is Arrival, which was mediocre. I do plan to see Hidden Figures at some point. I have zero interest in any of the others, with the possible exception of Nocturnal Animals.

La La Land suckkeedddddd. The fact that it might win best screenplay is the biggest joke. It's a barebones plot surrounding a mediocre (at best) musical. Chazelle thinks merely mimicking the colors and rhythms of his favorite films makes his on par with those. What a con job.

I'm just glad Mel Gibson is back. We really need more of that guy in this world.

Haven't seen La La Land yet, but Moonlight is astounding. Hollywood is definitely racist, so none of these results will be surprising.

I'm hoping I can parlay Davis, Denzel, Ali and Moonlight. I bet they give director to Chizelle but I think we could see an oscars so white backlash.

La La Land suckkeedddddd. The fact that it might win best screenplay is the biggest joke. It's a barebones plot surrounding a mediocre (at best) musical. Chazelle thinks merely mimicking the colors and rhythms of his favorite films makes his on par with those. What a con job.

I agree. It's really overhyped. Decent movie but best picture, my gosh?

Said it on the movie thread but the scene bt Affleck and Michelle Williams at the end of Manchester was the best thing on film this year. Just crushing.

She is the best working actor out there and probably won't win since Viola Davis wussed out and stepped down to supporting even though she is a lead in Fences. Bush league move.

I think Moonlight gets the upset in Best Picture...haven't seen anyone say anything really bad about it at all...but people constantly come up with criticisms of La La Land.

Back