• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Basketball Rosters - '23-'24 - Non-Wake Portal Discussion

Doesn't Oscar also have the NIL limitations from being foreign? I think I read when Kentucky played overseas Cal basically excused him the whole time and said go make that money.

Reece Beekman is back for Uva. ACC getting stronger.

Judah Mintz is coming back to Cuse. ACC getting stronger.

We finish top-5 in ACC, get a bid, win at least one game in the round of 64. My gut says we win 2 and play in a sweet 16 game for the first time in going on 20 years.

We lose a hard fought game in the round of 16. We celebrate the season and then immediately turn to fear of losing Forbes to a blue blood.

UCONN outbid Miami for Rutgers guard Cam Spencer:

Incredible ascent up the college basketball recruiting ladder for Spencer. Spencer started at Loyola (MD) in the Patriot League in 2020. After three solid seasons at Loyola, Spencer was an overlooked transfer that Steve Pikiell landed at Rutgers to be a complimentary three point shooter for Scarlet Knights. This past season, Spencer shot 43% from three for Rutgers including hitting the game winning shot in a January upset of then undefeated and #1 Purdue (scored 15 against WF). Spencer entered the portal late, which was great timing because a lot of elite schools (e.g., Miami and UCONN) lost key players to the NBA draft. There was a frenzy for Spencer, and he will now be a key piece of the defending national champions. From the Patriot League to cashing a big NIL deal for the defending champs. Good players are everywhere.

On a side note, Spencer's brother Pat played four years of Lacrosse for Loyola, and is considered one the best Lax players ever. He holds the NCAA record for career assists. Pat Spencer was a four year A-A, and won the Lacrosse equivalent of the Heisman Trophy in 2019. After not playing organized basketball for 4 years (but was a Baltimore Summer League Legend), Pat Spencer was the starting PG for Northwestern in 2020. Spencer signed a two-way contract with the GS Warriors in 2022, and played for their G League team this past season.

Last edited:
Back