• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Acc/Big 10 Challenge Discussion/Predictions Thread

Predict the outcome of the ACC/Big 10 Challenge:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crean had one returning scholarship player his first year, and one transfer from EMU. He brought a top 100 RSCI recruit from Marquette along with him, but their roster consisted of eight scholarship players, five of which were freshmen, and six walk-ons, one of whom started. They went 6-25 overall against the 4th-hardest schedule in the country, and 1-17 in conference. Seven of those losses were by single digits. In his first full recruiting class, he brought in six players, three of which were top 100 RSCI, one of which was top 50. They ranked 212th in Pomeroy, with a rating of .3837.

Bz had four returning scholarship players and one transfer, to go with five freshmen, four of whom were RSCI top 100 players. We went 8-24 against the 69th-hardest schedule in the country, and 1-15 in conference. One of those losses was by single digits. In his first recruiting class, he brought in 3 players, none of whom were top 100 RSCI. We ranked 251st in Pomeroy, with a rating of .2578.

Edit: and I do like most of your research, but I think it was slight of hand to throw in the RSCI statistics for their first full classes. Wake is no Indiana, unfortunately.

Edit: And I really do like most of your research, although I think it was slight of hand to throw in RSCI recruiting statistics about their first full classes. Wake is no Indiana, like it or not.

It was really Crean's second and third years that he underachieved.

Seriously, how did you get this research done so quickly? What stats site do you use?

And I readily concede that Crean's a great coach. I'm not about to conflate Crean and [Redacted]. I'm just remarking about the similarities between the two roster situations, and how, to my knowledge, the Indiana fans took their medicine a little more gracefully. I'm sure part of that's because Kelvin Sampson was a more evident culprit for their downfall than Gaudio is for ours, but, controlling for that, I'd like to think that we could still do better.

Last edited:
The addition of Cuse and Pitt should prevent the ACC from losing this in the future. This year will be tough.

Michigan St-Florida St delayed because a cheerleader fell off the top of a pyramid. That can't be good. Have to assume a serious head/neck/back injury if they have to delay the game.

At least it didn't turn out like the gymnast in Final Destination 5 :eek:

But seriously though, hope she's alright.

Just watched a couple minutes of Penn State-Boston College. I think I'm gonna go read the WNBA thread to watch better basketball.

Seriously, how did you get this research done so quickly? What stats site do you use?

And I readily concede that Crean's a great coach. I'm not about to conflate Crean and [Redacted]. I'm just remarking about the similarities between the two roster situations, and how, to my knowledge, the Indiana fans took their medicine a little more gracefully. I'm sure part of that's because Kelvin Sampson was a more evident culprit for their downfall than Gaudio is for ours, but, controlling for that, I'd like to think that we could still do better.

ESPN, RSCI, Pomeroy, and good old Wikipedia to find out if a walk-on was actually starting.

CJ Leslie is a ball hog. Indiana is making him look like shit on offense.

This game is much better than the FSU-Michigan St. game. Izzo is a great coach, but his teams never look good, even when they're winning.

That block by Leslie. WOW.

State got hosed on that intentional foul.

This game is great. Mike Patrick is not..

At least the ACC having already lost means I won't feel at all guilty cheering for UNC to get blown out.

Back