• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Coaching Salaries

[Redacted] could not have possibly been our choice if pay was not an issue.

Not necessarily. Skip is the only hire Wake has ever made that had any real sexy quality.

Wake has never gone out and thrown a bunch of money at a new revenue sport coach.

Fair enough, though I do not think that is the right way to approach this program. Baseball, football, soccer, etc that's fine, but in basketball we need to go for the fences every single fucking time because we have a shot at actually getting there.

Fair enough, though I do not think that is the right way to approach this program. Baseball, football, soccer, etc that's fine, but in basketball we need to go for the fences every single fucking time because we have a shot at actually getting there.

We have the same limits in basketball as we do in every other sport.

I understand what the last few posters are saying, but you can still get a better coach than Dino or Bz for under $1 million.

This is true, and I don't say that spending $3 milion on a big-time basketball coaching staff automatically gets you a Top 10 program.

But the diversion of money from basketball has not just affected the funds available to hire a big-name head coach. It has been in the apparent inability of the Athletic Dept. to purchase and do a major renovation of the Joel, which is getting long in the tooth and no longer any great recruiting draw (if it ever was). Just compare the Joel to UVA's new arena, JPJ, a showplace. Or compare our ancient practice facility to the new one that Va. Tech just opened. Recruits notice those things.

And while some Ath. Dept. flacks on the other board deny it, I cannot believe that basketball recruiting budgets have not also suffered from the combination of all the money poured into football, plus the drop in basketball revenues caused by the generally putrid performance of the basketball program itself.

Wake isn't a football school. That's pretty obvious at this point no matter what the fans or athletic dept says. The scoreboard tells the truth.

This scoreboard?

videoboard-new.jpg

Groves Stadium before these renovations was pathetic. If we were going to compete in ACC football, we had to update a Stadium that had precious few renovations since the late 60s.

Our basketball arena was built in 1990. Big difference.

Back