• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Football Schedule Released

Here is a copy of the schedule for the entire conference (done in "helmet" style). I see that Virginia Tech is playing their typical non-conference Murderer's Row (Austin Peay, Pitt, Bowling Green, and Cincinnati). UNC's non-conference slate is equally unimpressive (Elon, Louisville, East Carolina, and Idaho).
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...2-13/misc_non_event/12accfbhelmetschedule.pdf

Had Tennessee on the schedule last year and this coming year, they decided they'd rather pay us about $750,000 to buy their way out of the series, so ESPN helped secure the Louisville H-and-H at the last minute. Can't really help it if you have a good OOC series on the books for 5-6 years and the opponent decides to bail on you late.

3 teams have a bye before playing VT. Bet Beamer loves that.

4 teams have byes on 10/13/12 and 3 have byes on 10/27/12. Doesnt it seem like they'd have it more evenly distributed?

Not if they want most teams to have mid-season byes.

Had Tennessee on the schedule last year and this coming year, they decided they'd rather pay us about $750,000 to buy their way out of the series, so ESPN helped secure the Louisville H-and-H at the last minute. Can't really help it if you have a good OOC series on the books for 5-6 years and the opponent decides to bail on you late.

Yeah, I give credit to UNC in this one regard, they typically play a pretty good schedule. VT and NCState on the other hand...

VT is the premier program in the ACC. No excuse for not playing a tougher schedule than this.

4 home games before the end of September kinda sucks.

I think S. Alabama will be considered a Div. 1-A game this year, but am not 100% sure.

Hasn't VT played like LSU, Bama, Boise, and Nebraska out of conference within the last 5 years?

Predictions for Homecoming?

Edit: what's the chance for vs. Army on the September 22nd? I have a wedding that weekend.

Last edited:

Will UNC ever come to Columbia?

Will UNC ever come to Columbia?

Scheduled for the opening Thursday night game in 2013, which was widely reported when the back half of that home-and-home was pushed back (at ESPN's request) in order to have LSU and UNC in the 2010 Chick-Fil-A kickoff.

Sept 1 Liberty - W
Sept 8 UNC - L
Sept 15 @ FSU - L
Sept 22 Army - W
Sept 29 Duke - W
Oct 6 @ MD - W
Oct 13 bye
Oct 20 @ UVA - L
Oct 25 Clemson- Thursday - L
Nov 3 BC - W
Nov 10 @ NC State - L
Nov 17 @ ND - L
Nov 24 Vandy - L

5-7 (3-5)

HOPEFULLY our guys/crowd can get pumped to beat UNC at home...or we can continue our good showings against FSU or can do well on a Thursday night game at home...but with our tendency to spiral out at the end of the season (3 straight years of 1-5 over the last 6?) I'm not sure.

Hoping to be proven wrong, and wish we had Givens back...but I'll lean more pessimistic until we get a better feel of how this team will start out.

Sept 1 Liberty - W
Sept 8 UNC - L
Sept 15 @ FSU - L
Sept 22 Army - W
Sept 29 Duke - W
Oct 6 @ MD - W
Oct 13 bye
Oct 20 @ UVA - L
Oct 25 Clemson- Thursday - L
Nov 3 BC - W
Nov 10 @ NC State - L
Nov 17 @ ND - L
Nov 24 Vandy - L

5-7 (3-5)

HOPEFULLY our guys/crowd can get pumped to beat UNC at home...or we can continue our good showings against FSU or can do well on a Thursday night game at home...but with our tendency to spiral out at the end of the season (3 straight years of 1-5 over the last 6?) I'm not sure.

Hoping to be proven wrong, and wish we had Givens back...but I'll lean more pessimistic until we get a better feel of how this team will start out.

you were wrong last season and will be this season as well.

Back