• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Football Schedule Released

Honestly I see us sitting at 5-1 at the bye. Thats HUGE.

So how long, usually, until they announce the date for Homecoming?

Not sure but this year that Sept 29th Date seems to make the most sense, I hope they don't pick that November date.

Schedule works out perfectly for me. I'm getting married on 10/13, which is the week of our Bye. Then, since our venue is outside of Chapel Hill, hotels should be easy for everyone with UNC away, Duke away, and NCSU on Bye.

Will UNC ever come to Columbia?

I know Carolina owes South Carolina a visit to Columbia...but I really hope that Carolina, State, Duke or Wake never play South Carolina in any sport ever again.

No one has called foul about the Tobacco Road Mafia more than South Carolina fans. We shouldn't give their fans the satisfaction of giving them a reason to leave their cesspool of a fucking state to come to our beautiful state.

Simply put....Fuck South Carolina.

We go to Vandy the next two years to compensate for the b2b home games. And we do go to ND in 2015 as well ... return date for last year's game, 2012 was schedule before we got them to come to Wake

Schedule works out perfectly for me. I'm getting married on 10/13, which is the week of our Bye. Then, since our venue is outside of Chapel Hill, hotels should be easy for everyone with UNC away, Duke away, and NCSU on Bye.

Pre nupt.

What in the hell is wrong with the ACC making Clem play VT the Saturday before our Thursday night game?

They are supposed to have an open date the week before they play us!

I think I was somewhere around 3-9 worst case, 4-8 expected, 5-7 best case.

Here's your prediction last year:

What about those of us that came in just before the Fresh Deacs and saw the talent and potential and watched as Grobe coached up a group of overlooked athletes to a BCS game...and then saw it all crumble beneath him?

I, unlike most here, did not grow up a Wake fan, and didn't even bother caring about Wake Forest Football before I came in freshman year.

So compared to the attitude of being "perennial losers" that you bitch about, I pretty much only knew success....or the Wake Forest football program's version of it....

So in a way it hurts even more to see "my team" start at the top, and fall to a 2-10 season....I don't have the thought in the back of my head that we are "supposed" to be bad or near the bottom of the conference....I expect us to be in contention and win games that we have no business losing...

So when I say we are going to suck nuts this season, it isn't because I'm used to losing....it's in spite of being used to winning.

L at Syracuse
L vs. NC State
W vs. Gardner-Webb
W/L at Boston College (Toss Up)
L vs. Florida State (Blowout)
L vs. Virginia Tech (Blowout)
W/L at Duke (Toss Up)
L at North Carolina (Blowout)
L vs. Notre Dame (Blowout)
L at Clemson (Blowout)
W/L vs. Maryland (Toss Up)
W/L vs. Vanderbilt (Toss Up)

So I have us finishing anywhere from 1-11 to 5-7

I don't see ANY way we finish .500, but I will hope and pray that we do...I want nothing more than us to finish 14-0, but I just can't see us beating FSU/VT/ND/Clemson....and probably UNC/NCSU.

No idea how Edsall will be at UMD, or Franklin at Vandy, but have a feeling both will step in and exceed expectations

Sched doesn't set up that poorly. Maybe FSU won't be ready for us a la '08 having played two FCS teams beforehand. UVa also is a good game to have two weeks to prep for. Will the short week amplify our coaching advantage over Clemson (don't think that's a stretch) or hurt it?

Hopefully that State game late in the year will have some implications. For us at least

That Thursday Clemson game better have a ridiculous student turnout. No reason to pass out from tailgating too hard since school is the next day (technically), nobody will be home for the weekend, and nobody really has any reason to miss it.

I WANT A LOUD ASS STADIUM.

What in the hell is wrong with the ACC making Clem play VT the Saturday before our Thursday night game?

They are supposed to have an open date the week before they play us!

Apparently the Clemson admin approved a thurs night home game for us this year. At Wake is not a home game. Not real jazzed about that game, as Wake plays us tough in WS. Overall, I like the way the schedule sets up though....

Back