• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC PM

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
How are people feeling about this show? I miss Packer and Durham but check in occasionally. Turned it on today and it sounds like Tre Boston is already off the show.

Unwatchable. Gave it a chance a while back but it’s a no for me.

Packer and Durham was miles better.
I still like Pack so I fast forward through most days and stop when they’re talking about us.

just saw a small portion - it was all I could take.

Packer and Durham had such a wonderful wealth of knowledge about the ACC and an understanding of it practically since they were born. I used to tune in nearly every day.

Did it ever come out why Packer and Durham was canceled? Was it because Durham wanted to focus more on play-by-play work?

Is EJ Manuel on that because that guy doesn't know jack shit.

I watched Packer and Durham almost every day. It had more of their personalities on the show. Maybe not for everyone but I liked it. This new crap is unwatchable. It's like the network execs sat around over the summer and tried to plan the most bland, by the book, check all the boxes show they could. Everyone other than Packer is an idiot.

In basketball season it should be Packer with Luke Hancock and maybe a Randolph Childress or Tyler Hansborough (yuck) type.

In football season it should be Packer and Eric MacLean with the Huddle crew used from time to time.

Having a guy like Trey Boston who was hired for his annoying "personality" is a surefire way to be unwatchable. The guys I listed above are tolerable personality wise for the most part but more importantly don't attempt to make personality their selling point and are knowledgeable about at least one of the two main sports.

Has Trey Boston been officially fired from ACC PM?

If they had an 8-12 min Wake package everyday on YouTube, I’d probably subscribe and watch it.
They had an interview with Jewel today too. It may have been almost 1/3 of the show on Wake when you combine the two interviews and talk about the game last night.

They had an interview with Jewel today too. It may have been almost 1/3 of the show on Wake when you combine the two interviews and talk about the game last night.
Nice. Interviews with two all-time great shooters.

I do record ACCPM just in case there's a good interview, so I'm putting it on now. Looks like Davis and Spear are the headline interviews.

Charlie Davis told a great story about how Billy Packer helped recruit him.

Great quotes by CD:

"I was blessed by my age. You could be the first Black person to do about anything back then."

"The younger kids, they're as talented as they can be. But goodness gracious they take bad shots.... They chuck it up. This three-point line, I just don't know what to say... [after explaining that it makes sense to take shots because making 4 out of 10 shots gets you 12 points] I'm suggesting to you out of the six you're missing, at least four of them are bad shots. I watch them night after night. I watched them last night. Bad shots."

Hard not to think he's talking about Monsanto specifically.

Last edited:
Back