• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC PM

Nice. Interviews with two all-time great shooters.

I do record ACCPM just in case there's a good interview, so I'm putting it on now. Looks like Davis and Spear are the headline interviews.

Charlie Davis told a great story about how Billy Packer helped recruit him.

Great quotes by CD:

"I was blessed by my age. You could be the first Black person to do about anything back then."

"The younger kids, they're as talented as they can be. But goodness gracious they take bad shots.... They chuck it up. This three-point line, I just don't know what to say... [after explaining that it makes sense to take shots because making 4 out of 10 shots gets you 12 points] I'm suggesting to you out of the six you're missing, at least four of them are bad shots. I watch them night after night. I watched them last night. Bad shots."

Hard not to think he's talking about Monsanto specifically.
Monsanto is one of the few players in WF history who could challenge CD in a long range shooting contest.

Thanks for posting about the interviews, deacdixie. Both were well worth watching. I posted a few notes about the Jewel Spear interview on the women's hoops thread. Big game against State tomorrow.

Not saying he would beat him, but it would be fun to watch.

CD was one of the reasons I came to Wake. I went to basketball camp as a 9th grader and CD was a senior and working the camp. CD and Charlie Scott had some epic battles

I do record ACCPM just in case there's a good interview, so I'm putting it on now. Looks like Davis and Spear are the headline interviews.

Great quotes by CD:

"I was blessed by my age. You could be the first Black person to do about anything back then."

"The younger kids, they're as talented as they can be. But goodness gracious they take bad shots.... They chuck it up. This three-point line, I just don't know what to say... [after explaining that it makes sense to take shots because making 4 out of 10 shots gets you 12 points] I'm suggesting to you out of the six you're missing, at least four of them are bad shots. I watch them night after night. I watched them last night. Bad shots."

Agreed. He definitely seems like he has true love for WF also.

Thanks for posting about the interviews, deacdixie. Both were well worth watching. I posted a few notes about the Jewel Spear interview on the women's hoops thread. Big game against State tomorrow.
I record it everyday just to catch any interviews! I’m always proud of how well our student-athletes interview.

Last edited:
I record it everyday just to catch any interviews! I’m always proud by how well our student-athletes interview.
Agreed totally although last year on packer and Durham, Alondes sounded like he showed up to the interview just out of bed or high as fuck. As one who also enjoys a special tasty treat typically every week, I'd wager he was high.

Agreed totally although last year on packer and Durham, Alondes sounded like he showed up to the interview just out of bed or high as fuck. As one who also enjoys a special tasty treat typically every week, I'd wager he was high.
Haha yes I remember that interview.

I saw that Drew Carter was on Monday and I was hoping that both Boston and Taylor had been let go. Even though he’s a Syracuse guy, he’s really good. But ACC PM is probably a step down for him now.

I record the show daily and watch the segments I care about. I just fast forward on the dvr to only topics and guests I care about.
Nothing is better than skipping past dabo and norvell.

wfunme, please come back and let us know if there are any segments worth watching. I'm glad I got to see the CD and Spear interviews last week, but I'm not going to check my recording every day.

Great quotes by CD:

Did he tell the story about how BiffTannen bullied him into opening his Wachovia account on campus?

CD was one of the reasons I came to Wake. I went to basketball camp as a 9th grader and CD was a senior and working the camp. CD and Charlie Scott had some epic battles
Love the old school pickup battles. Davis was 68 to 71 and Scott was at UNC 67 to 70.

Both guys from New York and both played at Laurinbirg, NC Institute, for a year I suppose. Where Chris Washburn also played.

Both Scott and Davis were 3X first team ALL ACC, biut Scott much better NBA career, won a ring. Scott also won Olympic Gold in 1968.

Love the old school pickup battles. Davis was 68 to 71 and Scott was at UNC 67 to 70.

Both guys from New York and both played at Laurinbirg, NC Institute, for a year I suppose. Where Chris Washburn also played.

Both Scott and Davis were 3X first team ALL ACC, biut Scott much better NBA career, won a ring. Scott also won Olympic Gold in 1968.
I think his size (or lack thereof) hampered Charlie Davis in the NBA. He was skinny for an NBA player.

Did he tell the story about how BiffTannen bullied him into opening his Wachovia account on campus?

He showed me the ATM machine and everything. I had never heard of Wachovia so I wasn't sure the whole thing was legit.

I think his size (or lack thereof) hampered Charlie Davis in the NBA. He was skinny for an NBA player.
Correct. IIRC, he drove to the basket much less after his sophomore season and became more of a jump-shooter.

He was getting beaten down even as a college player. The 51 against American was as a soph.

Do we know why Tre Boston appears to be gone?
Have wondered the same. Usually when I get home from work, I'll tune in. I know some folks don't like the show but I do. I did not like Trey on the show and felt like he didn't add anything to to show other than repeating what Mark and Taylor said. I don't mind Taylor too much. I do miss Packer and Durham together though.

tsy must have snitched about Tre Boston stealing too many tailgate ribs.

Back