• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Sports Journal tackles [Redacted]

The 2012 guys are better than our 2011 guys.

My dick is bigger than it was when I was 3. It still doesn't make me Dirk Diggler.

Buzz has offered nothing exciting since he arrived, and that goes for recruiting. I firmly believe that the "Culture" we are going for is a cover for how pathetic our recruiting is. Somebody wake me up when we sign a 4 or 5 star recruit.. or when Buzz get's fired! Guesses as to which will come first?

Congratulations on the growth of your manhood.

My comment was directed towards Jack who was particularly worried about our 2012 guys.

I'm sure Bzzz would take a roster full of four and five star players -- if he could get them. My concern is that this new "strategy" is nothing more than cover for the fact Bzzz will not be in play for top talent. Bzzz is very good at convincing a segment of this fanbase to lower its expectations for some reason.

This is exactly my concern. If Buzz could sell recruits the way he seems to be selling some of our fan base, we'd be stocked with 5 stars.

This is exactly my concern. If Buzz could sell recruits the way he seems to be selling some of our fan base, we'd be stocked with 5 stars.

Feel similar.

Nothing has shown any reason to believe his recruiting will work. He hasn't done that well recruiting in the past, his on court product is atrocious (whether it's his fault or not) and quite a few people have agreed that he has a very boring/bland personality. All of that does not seem to add up to great recruiting to me. Letting him influence our future will just set us back that much longer.

Also, I am talking about recruiting in general. I cannot evaluate any of the committed recruits. I hope I'm wrong. I want to see what is best for Wake Forest. Since we have Bzz for at least another season, I hope his recruits shut me up and he is able to get much better results next season (talking about the output, not necessarily record-wise). Nothing would make me happier.

1-31 in BCS Conference Away Games
22 of those 32 games (69%) were lost by 10 points or more.

Ugh, I'm about to go into a rage. Need happy thoughts.

1-31 in BCS Conference Away Games
22 of those 32 games (69%) were lost by 10 points or more.

Ugh, I'm about to go into a rage. Need happy thoughts.

There are many statistics ripe for citation to show how terrible Bzzz is, but this may be the most damning.

BuzzOUT

Wow...1 conference road win his last 4 years of coaching.
What the fuck does he have on Wellman?

I'm beginning to think Bz's willingness to keep the assistants were a huge factor plus I don't think the big ego coaches will work for Wellman

The ACC Sports Journal is paying attention to this board?

Boys, you've hit the big time.

The timing couldn't be better. Let Buzz flounder for one more year. Then replace him with Bruce Pearl. He can coach, recruit and excite the fan base as well as compete for top level talent. His supposed infractions are minor in nature and he genuinely loves the schools where he has coached.

The timing couldn't be better. Let Buzz flounder for one more year. Then replace him with Bruce Pearl. He can coach, recruit and excite the fan base as well as compete for top level talent. His supposed infractions are minor in nature and he genuinely loves the schools where he has coached.

Dear God, no. I'd rather have Buzz than that slimeball.

Umm... No.

Back