• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament-Wake vs Syracuse

Someone mentioned them earlier but the Wake FB group "Demon Deacons Sports Nation", I believe it is, would be considered the sunshine brigade. Those guys and gals all seem like lovely people but bless their hearts.

They make me and CLT sound like Racer and DV7

Yup. I've actually posted on one of the game threads on there and once criticized how bad the defense was and you would have thought I told them all to suck my cock. It's definitely the sunshine brigade. I can take sunshine and I'm usually positive but shit, my sunshine is a dying star ready to explode and die at any moment. Fuck the positive feel good bullshit. I want a fucking change and at this point, I don't give a shit if it affects the incoming class or not.

I got banned for saying I will be glad when Crawford graduates. That place makes the dentist lady and whats his name hat wearing townie look cynics.

Half-time down 30-27.

Cuse comes out and gets, for them, a working margin of about 6-10 points, by running their offense, taking good shots, not turning it over. Maybe stretches out to 12-13 lead. We go on a late mini run of 5-0 to provide a little hope, but really never threaten the entire second half.

Turnovers: Cuse under 10. Deacs 10+. That's your game.

Manning - not getting it done.

Curious if Grant can win the big game tonight, and Miller wins his tournament, if Wellman has the balls to can Manning and go with an Up and Comer. I'm not convinced he does.

I expect a very close, competitive game tonight.

Was going to wager on Cuse -4.5, but it seems like most everyone is on that side.

Won’t wager. Expecting a close, frustrating loss.

I recall shooting well (except free throws) and limiting turnovers against Syracuse in our first two meetings.

TT's line from the home game vs. Syracuse:

29 minutes 5-8 FG, 3-4 FT, 7 rebs, 13 points, 3 steals

I expect a very close, competitive game tonight.

Was going to wager on Cuse -4.5, but it seems like most everyone is on that side.

Won’t wager. Expecting a close, frustrating loss.

For those (perhaps the one person) that take WF, what scenario are you anticipating for a cover?

A WF win seems unlikely, so you are left with hoping for a close loss (which is reasonable given Cuse's propensity for low-scoring close games). That said, WF's ineptitude in the last 5 minutes of every game makes it likely that the Deacs will find a way to butcher the final minutes to make a tight game a 5+ point loss (see, WF 8 point loss at Cuse; WF was down 4 with 30 seconds left and lost by 8; last game at GT, 2 PT game with 54 seconds left, WF loses by 8; the game before that ND, game tied, WF ball with 39 seconds left; WF loses by 5). WF has no clue how to handle close late game situations after playing a team even (or outplaying the opponent) for 35 minutes. This team's confidence is so frazzled that got to believe WF will find away to throw-up on itself at the end.

BTW, WF's season really mirrored NW this year. NW made the NCAA after a long (forever) drought, and this year, many expected/hoped that NW would build on that experience, but NW (coached by Chrissy Collins) found unimaginably impossible ways to blow each of its last 7 games to end a disastrous season, culminating with a Big 10 tourney loss, when, of course, NW led Penn State by 2 with 4 minutes to go, but somehow managed to lose the game to Penn State by 8. Watching the game, you could see the NW players were simply void of any confidence to pull-out a tight game.

Seems likely the same scenario develops as either: a) if WF has a late lead, WF will find a way to blow it; or b) Cuse has a late small lead, WF will find a way to make sure the lead expands past the 5 point milestone.

Wake with a hot shooting night, up around 10 for much of the game but without enough defense to pull away. Last few minutes we go scoreless and lose in the final 30 seconds. Perfect microcosm of the season, fan suffering ends finally.

Let’s just start the guys who show the most promise and/or pride in what is left of our basketball program and see what happens: Childress, Wilbekin, Brown, Mitchell, Moore.

Not sure wtf was wrong with this team all year but it’s not like it could get any worse Danny

For those (perhaps the one person) that take WF, what scenario are you anticipating for a cover?

A WF win seems unlikely, so you are left with hoping for a close loss (which is reasonable given Cuse's propensity for low-scoring close games). That said, WF's ineptitude in the last 5 minutes of every game makes it likely that the Deacs will find a way to butcher the final minutes to make a tight game a 5+ point loss (see, WF 8 point loss at Cuse; WF was down 4 with 30 seconds left and lost by 8; last game at GT, 2 PT game with 54 seconds left, WF loses by 8; the game before that ND, game tied, WF ball with 39 seconds left; WF loses by 5). WF has no clue how to handle close late game situations after playing a team even (or outplaying the opponent) for 35 minutes. This team's confidence is so frazzled that got to believe WF will find away to throw-up on itself at the end.

BTW, WF's season really mirrored NW this year. NW made the NCAA after a long (forever) drought, and this year, many expected/hoped that NW would build on that experience, but NW (coached by Chrissy Collins) found unimaginably impossible ways to blow each of its last 7 games to end a disastrous season, culminating with a Big 10 tourney loss, when, of course, NW led Penn State by 2 with 4 minutes to go, but somehow managed to lose the game to Penn State by 8. Watching the game, you could see the NW players were simply void of any confidence to pull-out a tight game.

Seems likely the same scenario develops as either: a) if WF has a late lead, WF will find a way to blow it; or b) Cuse has a late small lead, WF will find a way to make sure the lead expands past the 5 point milestone.

Yeah, I see Cuse winning by 4-8. That’s no action for me.

ND line too high, so BC was my only wager today.

When Thompson starts again at least it will be the last time that infuriates me.

Mitchell needs to play extended minutes. He's really coming along.

Matchups:
  • Brown on Battle (our most athletic defender)
  • Crawford on Howard (Howard will probably end up randomly open for 3's and on cuts to the basket because that's what happens to guys that Crawford defends)
  • Chill on Dolezjac (despite the size difference, he's not much of an offensive threat)
  • Mitchell/Thompson on Brissett (Mitchell is showing a nice stroke and some real explosiveness)
  • Moore on Chuckwu (Moore needs to/should win this battle)

Last edited:
6 page thread already on this game?? Oy. Wake will lose by 15 tonight. Have no expectation for them to shoot well at the Barclays' Center. Seems like similar lighting to McCamish where we always seem to suck more than usual. But really, we will come out flat, get down 8 or 10 at half, then make a mild rally before shooting ourselves out of it rather than attack the zone inside like last time.

I do not expect us to change our late game “strategy” to feed the post or drive to the basket to get to the line. One, as in the single person you reference above, might expect at some point to see our decent three point shooters hit a few in the final minutes to preserve a win.

They just said we might be a team much better than our record indicates, lol!!!!!!!!

6 page thread already on this game?? Oy. Wake will lose by 15 tonight. Have no expectation for them to shoot well at the Barclays' Center. Seems like similar lighting to McCamish where we always seem to suck more than usual. But really, we will come out flat, get down 8 or 10 at half, then make a mild rally before shooting ourselves out of it rather than attack the zone inside like last time.

This is exactly what will happen.

Line down to 3.5
The sharps won’t get off the Manning train.

Back